"Disability will affect the lives of everyone at some point in their life, it is time society changed to acknowledge this" - One of the key challenges for a person with a disability is to be seen by the public, to be portrayed in the media, treated by health care professionals, as an individual with abilities, and not just seen as a disability. The primary focus of Disabled World is to provide information to the Public, Disability Community and Organizations, as well as Disabled Rights Campaigners, via our News Service, Articles, Press Releases, and Videos.
When a person is newly disabled by accident or illness a host of physical, emotional and social changes present themselves. The following articles are of benefit to those who have recently found themselves facing a disability.
Definition of Disabled
The word "Disabled" is the clear preference in contemporary American English in referring to people having either physical or intellectual disabilities, with the conditions themselves preferably termed disabilities.
Disabled World News:
- Michigan Ranked In Top U.S. States for Disability Services - Michigan was rated among the top 10 states in the nation for the services available for certain disabled individuals - Adler Stilman, PLLC - 2013-05-19
- Folf Club Adaptive Disc Golf Launcher - The Folf Club is ideal for people with less coordination or decreased upper body mobility and who want to get outside and throw a disc with friends - David Yakos - www.folfclub.com - 2013-05-19
- Quadriplegia and Paraplegia Information and Infographic - Infographic contains information regarding the difference between Quadriplegia and Paraplegia including vertebra and spinal functions - BackPainrelief.NET - 2013-05-17
- DitzAbled Princess - A Comic with a Difference - DitzAbled Princess comic strip encompasses the real-life experiences of a 30-something woman with disabilities - The Mobility Resource - 2013-05-17
- Grant Writing for a Wheelchair Van - You can apply for wheelchair van grants from foundations, non-profits and organizations that provide money for people with disabilities and combine them for a single purchase - Susan Hawkins - Writer for AMSVans.com - 2013-05-17