Published 2011-03-16 -- Battery powered Alert Light provides high visibility in both daylight and darkness for scooters power chairs and other mobility equipment.
Contact Details: For further information please contact Disabled World
Battery powered Alert Light provides high visibility in both daylight and darkness for scooters power chairs and other mobility equipment.
Spurred by an increasing number of accidents involving those using mobility vehicles in high-traffic areas, James Wilcox, an employee of Valley Metro Transit System in Phoenix, Ariz., began building a device that would allow for better visibility of individuals using mobility equipment. After months of testing and building prototypes, the Alert Light was completed.
The battery-operated Alert Light provides high visibility in both daylight and darkness on power operated vehicles/scooters, power chairs and other mobility equipment.
Innovative safety features include the orange safety flag alerting daytime traffic and the LED light which can be set as a solid glow or flashing strobe for nighttime visibility.
"We are always concerned about the safety and protection of our Amigo owners and felt it was necessary to develop a product to keep individuals highly visible both during the day and at night ," comments Al Thieme, Amigo Founder and President.The Alert Light Features:
- On/off switch in base of light
- Weatherproof for outdoor use
- Textured grip handle for easy folding
- 100+ hours of battery life in flashing mode
- Folding 53" long support shaft for easy storing
- Completely self-contained and easy to install
- Powered by 2 easily replaceable "C" batteries
- Orange safety flag measures 6.5" x 12" for daytime visibility
- Flashing or steady orange LED light measures 13" for nighttime visibility
- Comes as complete kit with instructions and mounting clamps for Amigo and other POV's
"The Alert Light has been a real life saver for my wife and I. The bright orange flag and light stick get the attention of drivers that would otherwise not see us at all. Our daughter even loves the Alert Light I mounted on the rear basket of her bicycle! ", Ron B.
Amigo Mobility manufactures a wide range of mobility products distributed worldwide. Visit www.myamigo.com and mobilityalertlight.com or call 1-800-MY-AMIGO for more information.
|• Mobility Scooter Parts: Maintenance & Accessories Information - Disabled World|