The 2022 Winter Paralympics, officially known as the XIII Paralympic Winter Games, an international winter sports athletic event to be held in Beijing, China, from the 4th to 13th of March 2022.
Beijing has been chosen to host the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, beating the bid of Kazakhstan's Almaty. Having hosted the 2008 Olympics and Paralympics, the Chinese capital will be the first city to host both a summer and winter Games.
China aims to create a new economic belt and environment-friendly zone, incorporating the surrounding Hebei Province, and Tianjin, a port city to the capital's southeast. Xi stressed a "green" Olympics and called for a heightened level of city management, broader appeal of winter sports in China, stricter budget control and strengthened supervision.
Zhang, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, said that Chinese leaders attached great importance to the preparation for the Games.
The Games, which was supported by former NBA star Yao Ming, will be divided between the capital and the city of Zhangjiakou - which is 118 miles north-west of Beijing and will host the snow events.
- Yanqing Paralympic Village
- Yanqing MMC: Media Center
- Xiaohaituo Alpine Skiing Field - alpine skiing
- Genting Hotel - Media Center
- Zhangjiakou Paralympic Village
- Kuyangshu Biathlon Field - biathlon
- Genting Ski Resort - snowboarding
- Beijing Paralympic Village
- Beijing National Aquatics Center - curling
- China National Convention Center - MPC/IBC
- Beijing National Indoor Stadium - sledge hockey
- Beijing National Stadium - opening and closing ceremonies