Did you know there are over 200 types of viruses that cause flu and cough. They spread due to the cough and sneeze of the affected person.
If you touch the place where there are affected person's viruses present, and then you touch your eyes, nose or mouth with those hands, the other person gets affected.
Change in Weather:
Winter is not the only reason for flu but change in weather, less moisture in air, cold breezes in winter and autumn, helps the virus to grow.
Suffering from Flu:
Usually children suffer from flu 6-10 times a year, adults 2-4 times a year. Women ranging from the age of 20-30, catch cold more easily as compared to men.
Symptoms and signs of Flu:
The first indication for flu and cough is having phlegm and itchy sensation in throat. These indicate that the body is fighting against the infection. The white blood cells in the body excrete such chemicals in order to stop the increasing number of virus. It is better to do something about nose, throat, chest pain, throat irritation. Many people believe that milk and other dairy products increase the phlegm, although it is not true.
Duration of the diseases:
Flu usually lasts for 3 days to 2 weeks. 2/4 of the flu patients get better in a week, but dry cough can last for about 2 weeks.
If flu and cough leads to body aches, tiredness and weakness, consult your doctor.
Stay at a distance of at least 3 feet from the affected person, or you might catch it as well.
While making tea add a little bit of ginger and sugar in it and use it twice a day. It's good prevention against influenza.
Take seven almond pulp and seven black peppers and grind in little water. Add a tsp of sugar and eat. Your voice will be ok.
To get rid of Cough and Flu:
Wash and dry fennel and stir fry till it is half cooked. Eat twice a day you will get rid of flu and cough.
Or If you have a severe cough problem, take 5 sultanas, place a black pepper on each sultanas and stir fry on griddle and eat at night for three days consecutively you will feel better. (It is important that you don't eat or drink anything after this)
Or For continuous cough, fry raw guavas on direct heat, apply salt and eat. It will relieve some pain
Eat a Balanced Diet
Take lot of Vitamin C
Vitamin C, sunlight and sharp onion's smell is a good cure for cough and flu,
Uses of Onion
Cut onion and massage your sole with it; it helps in controlling cough and flu.
Since the ancient times it is a popular belief that chicken soup is good for prevention of flu, cough and cold. It also helps in nose and throat irritation. This helps the white blood cells to fight and eliminate the diseases. Modern researches have proven that chicken stock/soup has extra nutrients that helps the white blood cells grow and become stronger.
Prevention is better then cure
Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands, many people ignore this regular advice. If you are suffering from flu, cough or cold, rest as much as you can, take liquids but avoid caffeine.
Gargle with Salt Water
Use a medicine that helps throat and nose and reduces the cough also. To gargle with salt water is good for your throat; in the same way for dry nose petroleum jelly is the best.
Use of Antibiotics
It's not effective to use antibiotics when suffering from flu and cough, because antibiotics are effective only against and have no effect on the viruses that causes flu.
Some Useful Home Remedies for controlling COUGH
* Add turmeric, a little ginger juice and a pinch of crushed black pepper in milk and drink. Apply balm on chest and go to sleep. * In a cup of hot water, add 2-3 tbsp apple vinegar and honey (as required) and drink.
* A tsp lemon juice, mixed with 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp ginger juice, will reduce cough considerably.
* Dry pomegranate skin, break into small pieces, and chew these now and then to reduce coughing Spasms.
* Keep a large black cardamom in the mouth, for relief from persistent cough. When it eventually softens, chew and swallow.
* Adding a drop or two of eucalyptus oil to water for steam inhalation, gives excellent relief in common colds.
* Dissolve a 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder in half a cup of hot sweetened milk and drink for relief from cough and cold. Repeat morning and night for a week.
* A tsp. each of ginger juice and honey to be warmed and taken just before sleeping, to bring relief from severe cough. Repeat every night for a week.
Loan Information for low income singles, families, seniors and disabled. Includes home, vehicle and personal loans.
Famous People with Disabilities - Well known people with disabilities and conditions who contributed to society.