There is much that Herbs can provide for a Healthy and Happy Life. Not only will you lose weight, but your body will be supplied with nutrients that you may not be getting and need.
1. Dandelion: (Taraxacum officiale) Identity: Roots, Leaves - Can commonly be viewed as a weed in the yard that needs to be eliminated. However, it has been used over the centuries in salads and in Herbal Remedies for its help-healing properties. It is rich in Potassium which works with Sodium to help reduce high blood pressure; and Lecithin for the function of the liver and gallbladder. Folklore says that by placing the head of the flower under your chin that if your chin turns yellow you are being thought of fondly by your loved one.
Dandelion is a diuretic; it will help the kidneys eliminate waste and toxins: its soothing on the intestines in passage. Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin G, Vitamin P, Calcium, Chlorine, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium; Lecithin, Sodium.
Uses - Fresh in salads; Dehydrated and powdered or ground. Bagged for tea it will help soothe a stomachache when taken with Chamomile and/or Peppermint. Aides digestion and circulation of the blood.
2. Kelp: (Macrosytic pyrifere) Identity: Plant - Has a high content of Iodine. Iodine assists the thyroid to help them do their job more efficiently. Will cause Weight Loss distribution. Because of its high content of Selenium, will help reduce the effects of depression due to common Weight Loss blues.
Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B 12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin G, Calcium, Chlorine, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Lithium, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium; Selenium, Silicon, Sodium, Sulfur, Zinc, Trace Minerals. Uses - Dehydrated ground or powdered; compressed pill form. Will aide in digestion. Do not over use alone. Powered can be used in place of salt.
3. Mandrake: (Podophyllum peltatum) Identity: Root - Root word (no pun intended) is derived from the idea that it has the appearance of the form of a human. Mandrake is commonly a dark root red in tint and tastes very bitter. Used as a mild laxative for constipation. Aides the liver. Use Fresh crushed for rituals and/or incantations. Dehydrated and powdered or ground used with other Herbs will help purify the blood from toxins.
Uses - Fresh crushed or Dehydrated, best used with other Herbs. Used on fresh wounds will help eliminate toxins and help prevent infection. It's considered as a Witches' hexing Herb due to its poisonous content; causes a hallucinatory effect. An ancient narcotic evolved from 3,000 BC in Sumer, Crete, Egypt and Greece. Use in small amounts.
4. Black Walnut: (Julgans nigra) Identity: Hulls - Good for different types of skin problems. Contains: Iodine - Uses - Fresh crushed or Dehydrated powdered or ground will draw out infections especially when used with Echinacea and Goldenseal. Good for parasite elimination. If you can get past the taste, brushing your teeth with Black Walnut will help restore the enamel. Just don't eat a lemon afterward.
5. Parsley: (Petroselinum sativum) Identity: Leaves - Parsley is one of the best diuretics. Healing and soothing to the kidneys and bladder as it relieves water retention. Will strengthen the kidneys and bladder. Regulates the flow of urine.
Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Calcium, Chlorine, Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Sulfur. Uses - Fresh in salads, as a side garnish, and an after meal bad breath eliminator; Dehydrated powdered or ground. Bagged for tea, drink alone in copious quantities for bladder and/or kidney problems. Helps soothe a stomachache and will help release built-up gas. Aides digestion. Used with Chickweed in copious quantities will cause the elimination of water however, for such, drink more water. Excess subcutaneous tissue is released through the urine tract. The more you drink the more you'll wink.
6. Echinacea: (Brauneria angustifolia) Identity: Root - Highly regarded throughout the centuries along with Goldenseal. Is well known as an overall healer. Echinacea allows for easy flow and assimilation of the process of other Herbs. Aides the Lymph Glands and is one of the best Lymphatic System cleansers.
Uses - Dehydrated powdered or ground. Used with Goldenseal will treat infection, boils and other festers. Internally, steep equal parts 20 minutes, decant off and drink very warm in intervals -1 cup every 2 hours. Externally, mix equal parts with very warm distilled water until thick and pasty, very moist but not drippy, put in tightly woven 1 ply clean cheesecloth and apply to affected area. May remoisten when dry. Refresh every 4 hours.
Treats: eye infection, sty, strep throat, ear infection, bladder and kidney infection, just about any kind of infection. Treatment type will vary.
7. Chickweed: (Stellaria media) Identity: Herb - Ahhh, the value of Chickweed. Though under rated, it is limited in its uses. As a diuretic its medicinal properties aide the assimilation of other Herbs and help them process and dissolve of fat. Very high in Vitamin C. May be used as an external scrub for acne.
Contains: Vitamin C, Phosphorus. Uses - Dehydrated powdered or ground. Sprinkle in salads. It has a mild taste but use too much and it will make a yummy salad or dressing taste blah.
8. Fennel: (Foeniculum vulgare) Identity: Seeds - Fennel is a fiber. It binds the necessary elements to officiate elimination. It is high in Omega 3 Fatty Acid. It will provide the oils needed to make elimination effective and easy. As it works its way through the system it will scrape the colon walls of old build up waste and take it with it on its way out. Fennel normalizes appetite, decreases or increases as needed.
Contains: Potassium, Sodium, Sulfur. Uses - Whole; Split; Dehydrated powdered or ground. Bagged for tea; drink warm small sips 1 cup every 4 hrs will release gas and help relieve heartburn. Good for digestive disorders and obesity.
9. Saffron: (Crocus sativus) Identity: Seeds - They call me mellow yellow. Well, yes it is. It IS soothing to the system, the whole system. Elimination is harsh on the system. Saffron will ease the shock as it is a mild laxative. It increases the amount of oxygen to the blood.
Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin B2. Uses - Dehydrated powdered or ground. Bagged for tea; drink warm small sips 1 cup every 4 hrs will check the build up of gas and help soothe stomach cramps and aide in constipation. Will relieve a headache and calm the nerves.
10. Hawthorn Berries: (Crataegus oxyacanthus) Identity: Berries - Blue Berries make yummy pies, why not Hawthorn Berries? They're ugly and hard and not tasty at all. If you look at them when they are still green on the bush, they look just like a human heart. Funny, that is one of the main uses of the Hawthorn Berry; to strengthen the heart. Why use them in this recipe? They're relaxing to the system and easy on the heart. Have you noticed when eliminating, your heart palpitates faster and/or harder? Do you feel exhausted? That's because the heart has to work harder. Hawthorn Berries enhance endurance, energy and vitality.
Contains: Vitamin C, - Uses: Whole; Split; Dehydrated powdered or ground. Use in other Herbal Remedies as recommended.
11. Burdock: (Arctium lappa). Identity: Root, Burrs - As a Diuretic increases the flow of urine and promotes sweating. It is one of the best blood purifiers. The burrs are good for the release of water retention.
Contains: Vitamins Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Iron, Silicon, Sulfur. Uses - Dehydrated powdered or ground. Use in other Herbal Remedies as recommended. A fomentation applied on skin irritations will soothe and treat. Mix with very warm distilled water until thick and pasty, very moist but not drippy, put in tightly woven 1 ply clean cheesecloth and apply to affected area. May remoisten when dry. Refresh every 4 hours. Excellent to use for reducing flesh.
12. Licorice: (Glycyrrhiza globra) Identity: Root - No don't go to the candy store, duh. Licorice has anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antiallergenic properties. Acts as a mild laxative, will not cause dependency. Will reduce colic and help relieve constipation.
Contains: Phosphorus. Uses - Whole, Dehydrated powdered or ground. Enhances the ability to inhibit high blood pressure, cancerous cells and prevent tooth decay. Good for urinary tract and helps break up congestion due to colds.
This Combination is an Elimination and Blood Purifier Recipe. We eat, we poop. Elimination is a main factor in Weight Loss. The purpose of this recipe is to eliminate. Fecal matter can weigh anywhere of 1 to 5 pounds in the body. Without proper elimination, build up of toxins stay in the system and can cause all kinds of health problems including weight gain.
All 12 Herbs for this recipe are used in equal parts in powdered form. Mix together in a bowl. Put in "00" veggie or gel capsules.
Take three capsules after every meal with a full glass of water along with 2-3 enzyme pills (Papaya is best). Do not exceed more than 9 capsules a day.
Drink 1 cup of very warm Chickweed tea afterward, or at least three times a day. This is a great Herb for Weight Loss as it helps dissolve fat in the body.
Using this recipe may cause you to lose weight at about 5-15 pounds a month depending on the person. It is recommended that in starting this regimen, you take 1 pill after every meal with 2 Papaya pills for at least 2 days to get your system used to the new introduction of nutrition.
You may experience stomach cramping and release of gas. After your system gets used to the formula you will notice that you are more regular without being dependent and have lost weight. Not only will you lose weight, but your body will be supplied with nutrients that you may not be getting and need.