Joint pains are very common mostly among the adult population today. It is said that this problem has become more evident because of the changes in lifestyle and diet most adult people undergo presently.
Joint pains may be caused by factors such as wear-and-tear, metabolism, autoimmunity, and infections. Regardless of its cause, the usual symptoms of joints pains include inflammation or swelling of the area involved, weight loss, and pain in the joint area lasting for more than 3 days.
Relief for the pain and discomfort caused by joint inflammations can be achieved by using home-made remedies involving all-natural components.
Widely-used herbal treatments for joint pains are enumerated below.
1. Arthcare - Arthcare is an anti-arthritis herbal formula that comes in the form of oil or capsules. Aside from relieving the pain brought about by the inflammation, it also strengthens the bone tissues, the skeletal system, and the neuromuscular systems for better mobility of the joints and muscles. It successfully penetrates the skin tissue fast and provides immediate relief for conditions such as backaches, muscular strains, and rheumatic pains.
2. Boswellia - Boswellia's extract is noted to be effective in reducing pain, swelling, and stiffness associated with rheumatoid arthritis. It inhibits inflammation-causing substances, speeds up cartilage formation, and improves blood supply to the joints. It has been used for centuries in India by Ayurvedic physicians as one of the most effective arthritis herbal remedy.
3. Ashwagandha - Ashwagandha is an asian plant which is classified under the "potato" family. It has earned its title of being the "Indian Ginseng" since it has been noted to be a very effective treatments for conditions like rheumatism, high blood pressure, immune dysfunction, inflammation problems, and even erection problems.
4. Ginger - Ginger is known to inhibit production of prostaglandin and leukotriene which are the usual components present during conditions involving pain and inflammation. A 1992 Danish study involving the observation of ginger's effects to individuals with musculoskeletal pain reported that ginger has provided a degree of pain relief to the individuals without causing any other side effects.
5. Camphor and Menthol - Camphor and menthol are chemicals known to ease muscle tightness and are usually contained in various backache medications. These chemicals come from natural sources such as peppermint and spearmint for menthol and lavender and hyssop for camphor.
The exact amount of dosage of these natural remedies, however, are difficult to determine and the level of its effectiveness relative to the amount of the substance used or taken. This is one of the disadvantages of using herbal or home-made remedies.
When these treatments are already exhausted, however, the painful condition such as joint pain still persists, it is better to immediately take prescription medication such as Fioricet or Tramadol to relieve pain. Fioricet and Tramadol are among the most prescribed pain reliever medications that provide fast and efficient relief to certain health conditions.
Natural or home-made remedies have the advantage of avoiding certain side-effects from occurring which may primarily be brought about by use of drugs or medications.
On the other hand, over-the-counter or prescription drugs can boast of being scientifically-based, measurable, and efficiently controlled.
Aside from these characteristics of medications, it is also important to note if these drugs are made from well-known pharmaceutical companies and have the assurance of being of high quality.
Finally, it is also practical to look for some medications offered on-line that are of reasonably low prices without having to compromise the quality of the drug itself.
Submit disability news, coming events, as well as assistive technology product news and reviews.
Loan Information for low income singles, families, seniors and disabled. Includes home, vehicle and personal loans.
Famous People with Disabilities - Well known people with disabilities and conditions who contributed to society.