Allergy App for iPhone - WebMD
Synopsis and Key Points:
WebMD Allergy provides accurate and personalized weather-related allergy information to help proactively manage allergies for the entire family.
Main DigestWebMD Allergy provides accurate and personalized weather-related allergy information to help proactively manage allergies for the entire family.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD), the leading source of health information, announced today its new WebMD Allergy app for the iPhone, an innovative new mobile resource that empowers consumers to take control of their allergies. It is the first free app to provide allergy sufferers with personalized location-based allergy condition forecasts in combination with WebMD's trusted information and insights. WebMD Allergy is further personalized with optional mobile push notifications that warn when allergen levels are high, enabling app users to proactively manage their allergy conditions.
Over sixty percent of WebMD visitors report allergies that moderately or severely affect their lives. WebMD Allergy delivers customized health and wellness information to consumers looking to identify and manage seasonal, food, skin, drug, insect bites or stings, and latex allergies. The app also tracks allergies for multiple family members, so parents can take an active role in managing their children's allergies.
"The WebMD Allergy app provides consumers with accurate and personalized weather-related allergy information to help them proactively manage their allergy conditions," said Dr. Michael Smith, WebMD Chief Medical Editor. "WebMD's trusted allergy information is delivered through an innovative mobile app to help consumers be better prepared to face the day."
The WebMD Allergy app provides easy access to physician-reviewed info, with unique features including:
- Combining allergy and weather forecasts. Integrating weather information from AccuWeather makes tracking pollen counts in advance a snap.
- Scheduling allergen alerts. Push notifications on high allergen levels in your area, delivered to your iPhone's home screen in the mornings, to better prepare you for the day.
- Information on seven allergy categories. WebMD Allergy provides information on outdoor, indoor, skin, drug, food, insect bites or stings, and latex allergies.
- Creating multiple user profiles for the entire family. Tracking different allergies and multiple locations for each family member all in one easy place.
WebMD Allergy is available for free in the Apple App Store or at www.itunes.com/appstore Detailed information on the app is available at www.webmd.com/allergy-app
WebMD Allergy Health & Wellness Survey Methodology
WebMD conducted a survey of its mobile consumers (mobile web and mobile app) to better understand which key factors allergy sufferers are looking for in a mobile app. Recruitment to the survey was implemented via the WebMD mobile web site and WebMD app.
WebMD Health Corp.(NASDAQ: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, Medscape Education and other owned WebMD sites.
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/09/22)
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Georgia Institute of Technology (2014/10/11)
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt (2020/12/05)
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Spectrum Idea Lab (2015/11/13)
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Office of Naval Research (2015/12/30)
- 6: Android Apps for Teaching Autistic and Learning Disabled Kids : Blooming Kids Software, LLC (2014/12/28)
- 7: Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.