Donation Application for Cell Phones
Published : 2011-03-28
Author : The Nippon Foundation
🛈 Synopsis : Android and iPhone Apps Expected to Aid in Wake of Northeastern Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.
Main DigestAndroid and iPhone Versions Expected to Aid in Wake of Northeastern Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.
The Nippon Foundation has developed an application through which people can make donations via their iPhone or Android-based phone.
The foundation is currently accepting contributions to support victims of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that devastated northeastern Japan.
To download the software, please visit the Android Market or Apple's App Store and run a search for "The Nippon Foundation."
The Nippon Foundation, which has years of experience working with local disaster relief organizations, is pleased to announce that it is now accepting donations to its ROAD (Resilience will Overcome Any Disaster) Project.
The Project will provide emergency support in the wake of calamities such as the recent earthquake in northeastern Japan.
The foundation will use project funds to provide effective, accountable, and timely support to trusted partners working in disaster-stricken areas, particularly groups working to meet the needs of orphans, the elderly, those with disability, immigrants and others whose needs are often overlooked.
About The Nippon Foundation: www.nippon-foundation.or.jp/eng/
Related Disability Apps Documents
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : App allows people who are blind to listen to audio, read back printed text from menus in restaurants, to browsing handouts in the classroom.
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Researchers have created speech-to-text software for Google Glass that helps hard-of-hearing with everyday conversations.
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt announces people with speech impairments will now be able to use the Voiceitt mobile app to access and interact with Amazon Alexa.
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Sensory from Within App enables wide range of ages, abilities, and communication styles, to understand the Autism spectrum and gain tools, strategies, and understanding.
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Autism & Beyond App screens for autism by reading facial expressions of children for emotional cues.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: The Nippon Foundation. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-03-28. Title: Donation Application for Cell Phones, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/donation-app.php>Donation Application for Cell Phones</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-10, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/donation-app.php - Reference: DW#468-7308.