eSSENTIAL Accessibility New Android App for People with Disabilities
Author: eSSENTIAL Accessibility
Contact : essentialaccessibility.com
Published: Friday, 3rd November 2017 (2 years ago) - Updated: Friday, 15th June 2018 (2 years ago) .
eSSENTIAL Accessibility launch Android application that makes it easier for individuals with physical disabilities to navigate the digital world.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility bridges the digital divide for people with disabilities with a new Android application - groundbreaking technology gives people with physical disabilities a barrier-free mobile experience.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility, a digital accessibility solutions provider, today launched an Android application that makes it easier for individuals with physical disabilities to navigate the digital world.
Many people with disabilities have difficulty using their handheld devices.
To address these limitations, eSSENTIAL Accessibility has developed an application for Android devices that allows people with limited dexterity to overcome barriers through hands-free technology, touch-replacement tools, and voice recognition capabilities.
This technology will greatly benefit those with quadriplegia, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, and other conditions that make it challenging to use touchscreen smartphones and tablets.
"Many people take for granted the fact that they can use handheld devices to communicate with others, complete transactions, and research information online," says Simon Dermer, managing director of eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
"However, there is still a significant percentage of the population who face barriers when using mobile devices. In fact, people with disabilities represent the largest minority group in the world. Our Android application opens up the digital world to millions of people by giving them an opportunity to use devices otherwise inaccessible to them."
This technology is available on a no-cost-to-user basis through eSSENTIAL Accessibility's brand partners.
With the app, customers can use Android devices to engage with their favorite brands without incurring additional costs to make mobile phones functional.
Moreover, organizations that feature assistive technology send a clear message to customers with disabilities: We value your business.
Assistive technology, such as the Android application, is an essential component of web accessibility.
By integrating assistive technology with digital accessibility evaluation and remediation services, eSSENTIAL Accessibility helps brands enhance their customer experience and ensure that their digital properties comply with standards, regulations, and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 technical requirements.
For more information and to see all of the application's features, visit www.essentialaccessibility.com/assistive-technology-for-android
- 1 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone | Sesame Enable (2016-05-19 12:37:25)
- 2 - AccessAble App Takes the Chance Out of Going Out in the UK | AccessAble (2019-02-15 14:41:42)
- 3 - Track My Route School Bus Tracking App Gives Special Needs Parents Peace of Mind | TMR Technology (2019-02-11 22:34:55)
- 4 - VoiceOver Compatible Apps for Apple iPhone and Mac | Disabled World (2011-03-06 12:04:37)
- 5 - iPod and iPad Grants for Education | Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011-11-08 14:21:45)
- 6 - Aeroplan App for People with Disabilities - eSSENTIAL Accessibility | eSSENTIAL Accessibility (2014-09-23 20:30:17)
- 7 - eSSENTIAL Accessibility New Android App for People with Disabilities | eSSENTIAL Accessibility (2017-11-03 12:38:34)