eSSENTIAL Accessibility New Android App for People with Disabilities
Author: eSSENTIAL Accessibility : Contact: essentialaccessibility.com
Published: 2017-11-03 : (Rev. 2018-06-15)
Synopsis and Key Points:
eSSENTIAL Accessibility launch Android application that makes it easier for individuals with physical disabilities to navigate the digital world.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility bridges the digital divide for people with disabilities with a new Android application - groundbreaking technology gives people with physical disabilities a barrier-free mobile experience.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility, a digital accessibility solutions provider, today launched an Android application that makes it easier for individuals with physical disabilities to navigate the digital world.
Many people with disabilities have difficulty using their handheld devices.
To address these limitations, eSSENTIAL Accessibility has developed an application for Android devices that allows people with limited dexterity to overcome barriers through hands-free technology, touch-replacement tools, and voice recognition capabilities.
This technology will greatly benefit those with quadriplegia, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, and other conditions that make it challenging to use touchscreen smartphones and tablets.
"Many people take for granted the fact that they can use handheld devices to communicate with others, complete transactions, and research information online," says Simon Dermer, managing director of eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
"However, there is still a significant percentage of the population who face barriers when using mobile devices. In fact, people with disabilities represent the largest minority group in the world. Our Android application opens up the digital world to millions of people by giving them an opportunity to use devices otherwise inaccessible to them."
This technology is available on a no-cost-to-user basis through eSSENTIAL Accessibility's brand partners.
With the app, customers can use Android devices to engage with their favorite brands without incurring additional costs to make mobile phones functional.
Moreover, organizations that feature assistive technology send a clear message to customers with disabilities: We value your business.
Assistive technology, such as the Android application, is an essential component of web accessibility.
By integrating assistive technology with digital accessibility evaluation and remediation services, eSSENTIAL Accessibility helps brands enhance their customer experience and ensure that their digital properties comply with standards, regulations, and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 technical requirements.
For more information and to see all of the application's features, visit www.essentialaccessibility.com/assistive-technology-for-android
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/09/22)
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Georgia Institute of Technology (2014/10/11)
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt (2020/12/05)
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Spectrum Idea Lab (2015/11/13)
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Office of Naval Research (2015/12/30)
- 6: Android Apps for Teaching Autistic and Learning Disabled Kids : Blooming Kids Software, LLC (2014/12/28)
- 7: Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.