iParkomat Disabled Parking Spots App
Author: iParkomat : Contact: iparkomat.com
Published: 2015-10-20 : (Rev. 2015-11-18)
Synopsis and Key Points:
IParkomat provides free and open database to search for nearest blue-badge parking spots by anyone.
Most people with a disability can get a driver's license - and even those who cannot and travel by car with someone else should have transportation barriers reduced to minimum.
The Blue Badge Parking Scheme is a service for people with severe mobility problems that enables badge holders to park close to where they need to go. The Blue Badge Scheme operates throughout the UK, and is administered in Northern Ireland by TransportNI. It is an offense to park a vehicle in a Blue Badge parking bay, without displaying a Blue Badge.
Although many disabled parking spots are created, there is still no specific, universal database that would allow people to quickly and easily find the closest disabled parking spot, from any location. iParkomat.com wants to change that.
As of only a couple of days ago, iParkomat has launched new functionality that allows users to register, store and search information for any disabled parking spot in the world. Now people with disabilities can find a place for their cars in the most convenient location - with one tap on their smartphone.
iParkomat has made the finding and adding of disabled parking spots near users as easy as possible. Simple entering the address on www.iparkomat.com, the website immediately shows a list of the nearest parking spaces, including disabled parking. In addition, iparkomat.com will display whether this parking space is paid, its price, and its availability.
IParkomat provides free and open database to search for nearest blue-badge parking spots by anyone, and absolutely anyone can register a disabled parking spot through his/her smartphone or computer, making the parking spot immediately search-able and available to all in need.
The database of available parking spots is constantly increasing, thanks to a growing iParkomat community, around the globe - our solution is aimed to help reduce transportation barriers and increase the touristic possibilities of your city for all persons with disabilities.
iParkomat invites you and local authorities for cooperation.
The city of Warsaw, Poland, where iParkomat has its roots, has already provided data on public parking places for the disabled within the city, and now the entire city's population can find the location of all of the hundreds of public parking spaces for people with disabilities. Users can also find the first disabled parking spots registered in the US, Spain, Germany, and other countries.
iParkomat is currently in talks with some of the largest cities around the globe, and invites all individuals, businesses, foundations and associations to join their effort in reducing transportation barriers for people with disabilities.
We will be very grateful if you could provide us with data about public disabled parking spaces located within your municipality or county. As soon as we receive the data we will import locations of each parking spaces for the disabled and we will present them for free to all in need - iparkomat.com
- 1 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 2 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 3 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 4 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 5 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 6 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
- 7 - AccessAble App Takes the Chance Out of Going Out in the UK : AccessAble (2019/02/15)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.