iSign App - Learn American Sign Language
Published : 2011-03-04
Author : Disabled World
🛈 Synopsis : The iSign App is a tutorial and reference program for American Sign Language designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Main DigestiSign is a tutorial and reference program for American Sign Language (ASL) designed specifically for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Want to practice your sign language on your iPhone
iSign is an animated phrase book of 800 ASL gestures. Each of the gestures is modeled with a 3D character and completely animated. The vantage point for each sign was chosen so that the user can see the details of the hand positions. These are proper ASL signs, not finger spellings.
Signs can be sorted alphabetically or categorically. There are favorites, a search function, and the much requested quiz mode.
There is a diverse range of ASL signs in areas such as; feelings, clothing, at home, colors, food and drink, school, sports, etc.
The functions of iSign are simple to use as well as being precise. Users can select a word from the included list of words and then see a 3D demonstration of the sign language gesture it signifies. Each gesture displays clear movements, the animation is quite good.
The award winning technology behind iSign has been utilized by the United States Military as well as fortune 500 companies.
"I purchased or demoed all of the ASL software available for the iPhone and this is far and away the best. The interface, timing, and animation are the best available. The vocabulary is superior to other apps in this price range. " - aslmom2two
The iSign App is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
You can download the iSign App from the Apple iTunes online store at itunes.apple.com/app/isign/id288858200
Related Disability Apps Documents
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : App allows people who are blind to listen to audio, read back printed text from menus in restaurants, to browsing handouts in the classroom.
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Researchers have created speech-to-text software for Google Glass that helps hard-of-hearing with everyday conversations.
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt announces people with speech impairments will now be able to use the Voiceitt mobile app to access and interact with Amazon Alexa.
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Sensory from Within App enables wide range of ages, abilities, and communication styles, to understand the Autism spectrum and gain tools, strategies, and understanding.
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Autism & Beyond App screens for autism by reading facial expressions of children for emotional cues.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-03-04. Title: iSign App - Learn American Sign Language, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/isign-app.php>iSign App - Learn American Sign Language</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/isign-app.php - Reference: DW#468-7135.