iSign App - Learn American Sign Language
Author: Disabled World
Synopsis and Key Points:
The iSign App is a tutorial and reference program for American Sign Language designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Main DigestiSign is a tutorial and reference program for American Sign Language (ASL) designed specifically for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Want to practice your sign language on your iPhone
iSign is an animated phrase book of 800 ASL gestures. Each of the gestures is modeled with a 3D character and completely animated. The vantage point for each sign was chosen so that the user can see the details of the hand positions. These are proper ASL signs, not finger spellings.
Signs can be sorted alphabetically or categorically. There are favorites, a search function, and the much requested quiz mode.
There is a diverse range of ASL signs in areas such as; feelings, clothing, at home, colors, food and drink, school, sports, etc.
The functions of iSign are simple to use as well as being precise. Users can select a word from the included list of words and then see a 3D demonstration of the sign language gesture it signifies. Each gesture displays clear movements, the animation is quite good.
The award winning technology behind iSign has been utilized by the United States Military as well as fortune 500 companies.
"I purchased or demoed all of the ASL software available for the iPhone and this is far and away the best. The interface, timing, and animation are the best available. The vocabulary is superior to other apps in this price range. " - aslmom2two
The iSign App is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
You can download the iSign App from the Apple iTunes online store at itunes.apple.com/app/isign/id288858200
- 1 - Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
- 2 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 3 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 4 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 5 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 6 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 7 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.