Libby App Enables Free Ebooks and Audiobooks From the Library
Author: Rakuten OverDrive(i) : Contact: overdrive.com
Published: 2017-12-27 : (Rev. 2018-03-15)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Libby app by Rakuten OverDrive provides 24/7 access to free eBooks and audiobooks from the local public library.
Did Santa bring you a new smartphone or tablet? Now it's time to meet Libby...
As readers power up millions of new smartphones and tablets this holiday season, they're also able to receive one of the greatest gifts of all: 24/7 access to free eBooks and audiobooks from their local public library with the Libby app.
Named one of 2017's best apps by Google Play and USA Today, Libby seamlessly connects first-time users and experienced readers with the engaging digital collections of libraries in every major metropolitan area across the U.S. and Canada, including;
- New York Public Library
- Boston Public Library
- Los Angeles Public Library
- Toronto Public Library
- King County Library System
Using their iOS, Android or Windows device, readers can enjoy endless hours of reading happiness with New York Times bestsellers, children's and young adult favorites, graphic novels and a growing selection of audiobooks.
Books borrowed with Libby can also be sent to Amazon Kindle devices (U.S. only).
Within seconds of installing, Libby helps "Find My Library" and, in select communities, can provide readers with a library card using their mobile phone number.
With two simple steps, users are just a tap away from the joys of Harry Potter, the latest Star Wars novel, Dr. Seuss or a DC Comics superhero.
Best off all, whether on a Samsung Galaxy, iPad or Microsoft Surface, it's always free - no credit card required.
Download Libby (meet.libbyapp.com) today to make that new smartphone or tablet the gift that keeps you reading (for free) all year long.
(i)Source/Reference: Rakuten OverDrive. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 2 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 3 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 4 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 5 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 6 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
- 7 - AccessAble App Takes the Chance Out of Going Out in the UK : AccessAble (2019/02/15)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.