Libby App Enables Free Ebooks and Audiobooks From the Library
Published : 2017-12-27 - Updated : 2018-03-15
Author : Rakuten OverDrive - Contact: overdrive.com
Synopsis* : Libby app by Rakuten OverDrive provides 24/7 access to free eBooks and audiobooks from the local public library.
Did Santa bring you a new smartphone or tablet? Now it's time to meet Libby...
As readers power up millions of new smartphones and tablets this holiday season, they're also able to receive one of the greatest gifts of all: 24/7 access to free eBooks and audiobooks from their local public library with the Libby app.
Named one of 2017's best apps by Google Play and USA Today, Libby seamlessly connects first-time users and experienced readers with the engaging digital collections of libraries in every major metropolitan area across the U.S. and Canada, including;
- New York Public Library
- Boston Public Library
- Los Angeles Public Library
- Toronto Public Library
- King County Library System
Using their iOS, Android or Windows device, readers can enjoy endless hours of reading happiness with New York Times bestsellers, children's and young adult favorites, graphic novels and a growing selection of audiobooks.
Books borrowed with Libby can also be sent to Amazon Kindle devices (U.S. only).
Within seconds of installing, Libby helps "Find My Library" and, in select communities, can provide readers with a library card using their mobile phone number.
With two simple steps, users are just a tap away from the joys of Harry Potter, the latest Star Wars novel, Dr. Seuss or a DC Comics superhero.
Best off all, whether on a Samsung Galaxy, iPad or Microsoft Surface, it's always free - no credit card required.
Download Libby (meet.libbyapp.com) today to make that new smartphone or tablet the gift that keeps you reading (for free) all year long.
Libby App Enables Free Ebooks and Audiobooks From the Library | Rakuten OverDrive (overdrive.com). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Disability Apps Documents
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : App allows people who are blind to listen to audio, read back printed text from menus in restaurants, to browsing handouts in the classroom.
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Researchers have created speech-to-text software for Google Glass that helps hard-of-hearing with everyday conversations.
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt announces people with speech impairments will now be able to use the Voiceitt mobile app to access and interact with Amazon Alexa.
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Sensory from Within App enables wide range of ages, abilities, and communication styles, to understand the Autism spectrum and gain tools, strategies, and understanding.
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Autism & Beyond App screens for autism by reading facial expressions of children for emotional cues.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Rakuten OverDrive. Electronic Publication Date: 2017-12-27 - Revised: 2018-03-15. Title: Libby App Enables Free Ebooks and Audiobooks From the Library, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/libby.php>Libby App Enables Free Ebooks and Audiobooks From the Library</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-18, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/libby.php - Reference: DW#468-13183.