Mobile Phone App for Multiple Sclerosis Community
Author: Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
Synopsis and Key Points:
My MS Manager is a mobile phone application provided free of charge to those with multiple sclerosis or their care partner to use on iPhone iPad or iPod touch devices.
Main DigestMultiple Sclerosis Association of America Launches Mobile Phone App for the Multiple Sclerosis Community.
My MS Manager is the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America's new mobile phone application, provided free of charge to individuals with multiple sclerosis (MS) or their care partner to use on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Developed in conjunction with Ringful Health, My MS Manager is available now for download in the Apple iTunes Store.
This first-of-its-kind app for MS offers individuals a convenient and effective tool to manage the ever-changing course of the disease.
"I am proud that MSAA is able to offer this innovative application to the MS community. My MS Manager provides a one-stop shop for an individual to not only monitor their MS, but also has the capability to include overall health information," states MSAA President and CEO Douglas G. Franklin. "It is exciting for MSAA to be utilizing this new technology allowing us to help more people in more places."
My MS Manager allows an individual to input and store:
Comprehensive medical records
Contact information of your healthcare team
Information about side effects and effective treatment strategies
Important details essential to staying one step ahead of your MS
Descriptions of MS flare-ups, tracking their duration, frequency, and intensity
Michael Yuan, CEO of Ringful Health, is excited to be a part of this initiative to help the MS community. "We are happy to support MSAA's efforts to educate and empower MS patients with tools that help them take more responsibility for their health and maintain continuous communication with physicians anytime and anywhere."
For more information on My MS Manager, or any of the programs and services MSAA provides, please contact Amanda Bednar, public relations manager at (800) 532-7667, extension 122 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit www.msassociation.org/mobile to learn more about My MS Manager.
About MSAA - The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America is a national nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to enriching the quality of life for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis. MSAA offers programs and services including a toll-free bilingual Helpline (800-532-7667); informative publications including a magazine, The Motivator; website featuring MSi online educational videos; equipment distribution ranging from grab bars to wheelchairs; cooling accessories for heat-sensitive individuals; MRI funding and insurance advocacy; educational events and activities; Networking Program; Lending Library; and more.
About Ringful Health - Headquartered in Austin, Texas Ringful Health is a leader in providing patient-centered and evidence-based teamwork solutions to help hospitals and communities improve healthcare outcome, patient safety, and reduce cost through mobile and decision support technologies.
About Multiple Sclerosis - The most common neurological disorder diagnosed in young adults, multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease of the central nervous system. This disorder damages or destroys the protective covering (known as myelin) surrounding the nerves, causing reduced communication between the brain and nerve pathways. Common symptoms include visual problems, overwhelming fatigue, difficulty with balance and coordination, and various levels of impaired mobility. MS is not contagious or fatal.
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/09/22)
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Georgia Institute of Technology (2014/10/11)
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt (2020/12/05)
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Spectrum Idea Lab (2015/11/13)
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Office of Naval Research (2015/12/30)
- 6: Android Apps for Teaching Autistic and Learning Disabled Kids : Blooming Kids Software, LLC (2014/12/28)
- 7: Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.