semYOU Free App Computing System
Author: semYOU LLC
Synopsis and Key Points:
semYOU is a free app computing system that makes using software and the Internet much easier.
Main DigestTomorrow's Internet Starts Today: semYOU, the Free App Computing System - App computing: Startup firm semYOU presents free applications for simple cloud computing. It's time to semYOU.
semYOU, the free app computing system that makes using software and the Internet much easier, will be available starting today at www.semyou.com. Local software installation, purchased software and tedious updates are finally a thing of the past. The innovative app computing system from the startup firm semYOU provides the most important functions, including office, entertainment and communication functions, through free cloud computing applications. Every application is just a click away.
semYOU app computing presents a brand-new approach to using software: the large number of free power applications allows all tasks to be completed easily over the Internet through cloud computing - without installation, from any computer in the world. Personal documents, files, music and photos, task lists or notes are available anytime, anywhere. Another advantage: the personalized semYOU desktop looks the same regardless of where login takes place - in the office, at home or at the Internet cafe.
This makes the semYOU app computing system very different from other cloud computing providers, who typically offer only a simple online hard drive. At the core of this new Internet-based operating system lies the free and convenient use of many different applications for home and business customers. semYOU is not only a web desktop, but thanks to its new app store, it's also a free tool suite with more than 25 different ad-free applications that make buying software unnecessary. Over the next several weeks, more semYOU apps will be released, including an Enterprise Suite with special applications for businesses. Because semYOU is not based on HTML5 but on Microsoft's Silverlight technology, for the first time web applications can offer functions that were previously reserved only for rich client applications.
"With semYOU, the cloud finally gets a face," explains Volker Jahns, CEO of semYOU LLC. "We're showing how the Internet will look tomorrow, today: a single standard web desktop with free software on demand through applications and central, secure storage of all personal data - accessible from any computer in the world."
August 2010 marked the release of the first beta version of semYOU. Since then, the app computing system has been continuously optimized with the help of users. semYOU Version 1.0, released today, consists of a web desktop and an affiliated app store. After login, all applications can be run in three different ways: via the semYOU web desktop, directly via the app store or through a local link on desktop PCs, notebooks or netbooks.
About semYOU - Entrepreneur Volker Jahns founded semYOU in 2010 as a startup company in L.A. Its core business is developing semYOU, the first semantic online operating system that offers users a completely new web experience. For more information about semYOU, visit www.semyou.com
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/09/22)
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Georgia Institute of Technology (2014/10/11)
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt (2020/12/05)
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Spectrum Idea Lab (2015/11/13)
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Office of Naval Research (2015/12/30)
- 6: Android Apps for Teaching Autistic and Learning Disabled Kids : Blooming Kids Software, LLC (2014/12/28)
- 7: Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.