Amplify Sounds Using iPhone with SoundAMP Hearing Assistant App
Author: Disabled World
Contact : Disabled World
Published: 2011-03-07 - (Updated: 2015-02-06)
soundAMP is a personal Hearing Assistant app for the iPhone that makes your iPhone into a hearing device by amplifying sounds.
The soundAMP app, as featured in various accessiblity sections of the Apple website, works in many situations where it may be difficult to hear or if you have a hearing impairment.
Users who are hard of hearing may find the app useful in many situations, such as around the dinner table, watching TV, at parties, or in the classroom.
The app, developed by Ginger Labs, processes sounds picked up by the iOS device's built-in mic and sends an amplified signal in real time to a listener's earbuds. You can also use a headset with a built-in mic.
The app, which has been purchased by over 40,000 customers in more than 55 countries, is the perfect solution for boosting sound levels when conversing around the home, watching TV, in lectures, at parties, or wherever you need to hear, or overhear, other people around you.
Simple-to-use controls allow you to fine-tune the amplified sound with the equalizer, adjust background sound levels for each situation, and replay the last 30 seconds of sound heard.
soundAMP provides sonic clarity at all volume levels, with limited distortion, as well as amplifying soft and medium sounds and softening louder sound levels.
Other Features of the app Include:
- Supports iOS4 multitasking - Multitasking works on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3rd & 4th generations.
- You can use the built-in mic on the device, or an external mic, like the one that's built into the standard iPhone headphones.
- Large buttons make it easy to adjust volume and tone for each individual need, as well as the setting you are in at any given time.
- Manually adjust how loud you'd like the sound amplification to be, and choose from several different equalizer settings to specify which frequencies you'd like boosted most.
soundAMP 2.1.4 ($4.99 or $0.99 for soundAMP Lite), requires iOS version 3.1.2 or later and is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. File size: 7.0 MB.
The app is available from the Apple iTunes shop at itunes.apple.com/us/app/soundamp-r/id318126109
- 1 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 2 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 3 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
- 4 - AccessAble App Takes the Chance Out of Going Out in the UK : AccessAble (2019/02/15)
- 5 - Track My Route School Bus Tracking App Gives Special Needs Parents Peace of Mind : TMR Technology (2019/02/11)
- 6 - VoiceOver Compatible Apps for Apple iPhone and Mac : Disabled World (2011/03/06)
- 7 - iPod and iPad Grants for Education : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011/11/08)