Amplify Sounds Using iPhone with SoundAMP Hearing Assistant App
Published : 2011-03-07 - Updated : 2015-02-06
Author : Disabled World - Contact: Disabled World
🛈 Synopsis : soundAMP is a personal Hearing Assistant app for the iPhone that makes your iPhone into a hearing device by amplifying sounds.
The soundAMP app, as featured in various accessiblity sections of the Apple website, works in many situations where it may be difficult to hear or if you have a hearing impairment.
Users who are hard of hearing may find the app useful in many situations, such as around the dinner table, watching TV, at parties, or in the classroom.
The app, developed by Ginger Labs, processes sounds picked up by the iOS device's built-in mic and sends an amplified signal in real time to a listener's earbuds. You can also use a headset with a built-in mic.
The app, which has been purchased by over 40,000 customers in more than 55 countries, is the perfect solution for boosting sound levels when conversing around the home, watching TV, in lectures, at parties, or wherever you need to hear, or overhear, other people around you.
Simple-to-use controls allow you to fine-tune the amplified sound with the equalizer, adjust background sound levels for each situation, and replay the last 30 seconds of sound heard.
soundAMP provides sonic clarity at all volume levels, with limited distortion, as well as amplifying soft and medium sounds and softening louder sound levels.
Other Features of the app Include:
- Supports iOS4 multitasking - Multitasking works on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3rd & 4th generations.
- You can use the built-in mic on the device, or an external mic, like the one that's built into the standard iPhone headphones.
- Large buttons make it easy to adjust volume and tone for each individual need, as well as the setting you are in at any given time.
- Manually adjust how loud you'd like the sound amplification to be, and choose from several different equalizer settings to specify which frequencies you'd like boosted most.
soundAMP 2.1.4 ($4.99 or $0.99 for soundAMP Lite), requires iOS version 3.1.2 or later and is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. File size: 7.0 MB.
The app is available from the Apple iTunes shop at itunes.apple.com/us/app/soundamp-r/id318126109
Related Disability Apps Documents
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : App allows people who are blind to listen to audio, read back printed text from menus in restaurants, to browsing handouts in the classroom.
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Researchers have created speech-to-text software for Google Glass that helps hard-of-hearing with everyday conversations.
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt announces people with speech impairments will now be able to use the Voiceitt mobile app to access and interact with Amazon Alexa.
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Sensory from Within App enables wide range of ages, abilities, and communication styles, to understand the Autism spectrum and gain tools, strategies, and understanding.
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Autism & Beyond App screens for autism by reading facial expressions of children for emotional cues.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-03-07 - Revised: 2015-02-06. Title: Amplify Sounds Using iPhone with SoundAMP Hearing Assistant App, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/soundamp-app.php>Amplify Sounds Using iPhone with SoundAMP Hearing Assistant App</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/soundamp-app.php - Reference: DW#468-7148.