Apple App Store - Special Education Section
Published: 2011-03-08 : (Rev. 2013-06-03)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Parents can access a wide range of apps, such as Proloquo2Go for augmentative communication solutions.
Main DigestSpecial Education Section Added to Apple App Store - Apple further strengthened its long-standing relationship with education by adding a Special Education section to its App Store in October.
It features five sub-sections as follows:
- Language Development
- Literacy and Learning
This includes 72 applications for the iPhone and 13 applications for the iPad in 10 categories ranging from communication to emotional development and life skills.
Apps, which have become increasingly popular in recent years, can be used as assistive technology devices, organizational tools and teaching aids. They are used with Apple's iPhone, iPad or iPod devices.
Now parents can access a wide range of apps, such as Proloquo2Go (itunes.apple.com/us/app/proloquo2go/id308368164mt=8) for augmentative communication solutions.
IEP Checklist (itunes.apple.com/us/app/iep-checklist/id348702423mt=8) for parents and educators who need help developing a student's individualized education program
KidCalc 7-in-1 Math Fun (itunes.apple.com/us/app/kidcalc-7-in-1-math-fun-including/id324332876mt=8) for skills like number recognition, counting and math facts, to name a few.
Apps have been used to assist with a host of physical and mental needs, ranging from loss of sight to victims of stroke and children with autism. Overall, Apple is being applauded for highlighting this growing market.
Reprinted with permission - www.scioto.com
- 1 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 2 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 3 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 4 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 5 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 6 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
- 7 - AccessAble App Takes the Chance Out of Going Out in the UK : AccessAble (2019/02/15)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.