Apple App Store - Special Education Section
Published: Tuesday, 8th March 2011 (9 years ago) - Updated: Monday, 3rd June 2013 (7 years ago) .
Parents can access a wide range of apps, such as Proloquo2Go for augmentative communication solutions.
Main DigestSpecial Education Section Added to Apple App Store - Apple further strengthened its long-standing relationship with education by adding a Special Education section to its App Store in October.
It features five sub-sections as follows:
- Language Development
- Literacy and Learning
This includes 72 applications for the iPhone and 13 applications for the iPad in 10 categories ranging from communication to emotional development and life skills.
Apps, which have become increasingly popular in recent years, can be used as assistive technology devices, organizational tools and teaching aids. They are used with Apple's iPhone, iPad or iPod devices.
Now parents can access a wide range of apps, such as Proloquo2Go (itunes.apple.com/us/app/proloquo2go/id308368164mt=8) for augmentative communication solutions.
IEP Checklist (itunes.apple.com/us/app/iep-checklist/id348702423mt=8) for parents and educators who need help developing a student's individualized education program
KidCalc 7-in-1 Math Fun (itunes.apple.com/us/app/kidcalc-7-in-1-math-fun-including/id324332876mt=8) for skills like number recognition, counting and math facts, to name a few.
Apps have been used to assist with a host of physical and mental needs, ranging from loss of sight to victims of stroke and children with autism. Overall, Apple is being applauded for highlighting this growing market.
Reprinted with permission - www.scioto.com
- 1 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone | Sesame Enable (2016-05-19 12:37:25)
- 2 - AccessAble App Takes the Chance Out of Going Out in the UK | AccessAble (2019-02-15 14:41:42)
- 3 - Track My Route School Bus Tracking App Gives Special Needs Parents Peace of Mind | TMR Technology (2019-02-11 22:34:55)
- 4 - VoiceOver Compatible Apps for Apple iPhone and Mac | Disabled World (2011-03-06 12:04:37)
- 5 - iPod and iPad Grants for Education | Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011-11-08 14:21:45)
- 6 - Aeroplan App for People with Disabilities - eSSENTIAL Accessibility | eSSENTIAL Accessibility (2014-09-23 20:30:17)
- 7 - eSSENTIAL Accessibility New Android App for People with Disabilities | eSSENTIAL Accessibility (2017-11-03 12:38:34)