ViBe - Caller ID App with Different Vibration Patterns for Callers
Author: Disabled World
Published: 2011-11-10 : (Rev. 2012-09-16)
Synopsis and Key Points:
ViBe is a caller id Android app for blind and hearing impaired that features different vibration patterns for different callers.
Main DigestIf ringtones can be customized to help you recognize a contact, why not let your phone's vibrations indicate who's on the other end of the line
Caller ID with vibration patterns. Feel who's calling you. "Vibe" is like Caller ID but with Vibration Patterns. Pick a contact and set a unique vibration pattern - it's that easy!
ViBe is a communication Android app that allows users to set vibration patterns for contacts. Think of it as caller ID with vibration patterns.
Whether you're in an office meeting, class, or on a movie date, there's no need to pull out your phone anymore to see who's calling because you'll feel it.
Introducing "ViBe": the social experience that lets users link one or more friends with a distinct vibration pattern.
ViBe is also designed as an accessibility tool for disabled individuals, most notably the blind and hearing impaired.
ViBe is also compatible with your Facebook and Android contacts.
"Not every app should be complicated. Vibe is an example of a brilliantly simple idea, elegantly executed." - The Telegraph U.K.
"Most of us are too busy and even busier are our phones. So if you need to look up and see who is calling every time, it really becomes irritating" - TechLivez
Uses and Features:
- Know Who's Calling Without Looking
- Users can select from 10 custom ViBes and assign them to contacts.
- ViBe allows the user to know who is calling without looking at the phone, a feature that has merit in numerous situations (professional, private, social).
- Any scenario when the phone/device needs to be set to vibrate (business meetings, movie dates, etc)
- Accessibility: Blind and Hearing impaired.
- Choose a Contact
- Set a vibration pattern for that contact
Here is the link to the Android market where it can be downloaded for free: https://market.android.com/detailsid=com.base2apps.vibes
Note: Apple have just released its version of setting vibration patterns per contact in its new OS under the Accessibility section. ViBe was released first.
- 1 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 2 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 3 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 4 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 5 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 6 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 7 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.