Clip-Knix Front Fastening Underwear
Author: Clip-Knix(i) : Contact: clip-knix.biz
Synopsis and Key Points:
Clip-Knix are attractive, front-fastening underwear that can be put on easily without the need to bend or balance on one leg.
Clip-Knix is designed for anyone and Clip-Knix will be expanding the range to include options for both men and children and swimwear.
Careful and robust research has informed the development of a highly effective and attractive range of underwear that will ultimately work for everyone.
There are over 11 million people with a disability in the UK. The highest reported impairments are those that affect mobility, lifting or carrying.
Clip-Knix was established in 2018 and prides itself as the first ever supplier of adaptive clothing front fastening underwear in the world. Clip-Knix is clip-on underwear that will increase independence and preserve dignity for millions of people who experience limited mobility and the elderly. This long-awaited solution is unique, indispensable and revolutionary.
Funmi Lawal was born in England and had a stroke soon after childbirth at the age of 35. She experienced first-hand how reduced mobility can rob an individual of independence and dignity. Funmi comments, 'I couldn't walk, bending down was painful and putting on underwear felt like a battle'. Funmi saw a chance to help people with limited mobility and has spent 16 years designing and testing clip-on knickers that will ultimately transform the lives of millions.
Clip-Knix are attractive, front-fastening underwear that can be put on easily without the need to bend or balance on one leg. Clip-Knix underwear reduces the risk of injury and allows wearers to be independent. Manufactured with soft, aesthetically pleasing stretch fabric for a perfect fit and ultimate comfort, simply place Clip-Knix in position and clip!
- There are six colours currently available: white, black, cream, blue, green and purple.
- Clip-Knix knickers are practical, stylish clip-on knickers that are designed to make living easier.
- The cleverly designed underwear solution enables the wearer to clip underwear on and off at one, two or three front-fastening locations with the choice of buttons or hooks to suit a wide range of needs.
- The practical and stylish high-quality underwear range is not only durable but offers a truly ergonomic solution for those who don't have the physical ability to bend or stretch to put on their underwear - just clip in place.
Clip Knix Brochure detailing 4 different styles of front fastening underwear.
Intelligent and Empathic Design
In collaboration with Innovate Product Design based in Salisbury, Clip-Knix focused on designing and manufacturing a practical yet fashionable underwear solution for the female sex at this stage, that negates the need to bend or stretch when dressing.
The result is underwear that can be fastened in the front without the need for bending or turning sideways. Careful and robust research has informed the development of a highly effective and attractive range of underwear that will ultimately work for everyone.
Whilst the first range launched is aimed at the female market, Clip-Knix is designed for anyone and Clip-Knix will be expanding the range to include options for both men and children and swimwear.
For further information visit: https://www.clip-knix.biz
(i)Source/Reference: Clip-Knix. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - People with Disabilities and Neuroscience Technology : Center for Genomic Regulation (2015/07/14)
- 2 - Clip-Knix Front Fastening Underwear : Clip-Knix (2020/08/25)
- 3 - Smart Mouthware: Control Phone or Computer Using Tongue : JJ Moritz, President, Sapien LLC (2020/08/02)
- 4 - Tongue Drive Wireless Device Operates Computers and Wheelchairs : Georgia Institute of Technology (2012/02/20)
- 5 - Adaptive Clothing for Disabled, Elderly or Physical Disability : Disabled World (2015/03/25)
- 6 - Adaptive Clothing Reduces Risk of Injury to Disabled and Caregivers : Pamela Clifton (2009/07/02)
- 7 - Lack of Adaptive Clothing Apparel Causes Barriers for Disabled : University of Missouri (2016/06/27)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.