Clip-Knix Front Fastening Underwear
Published : 2020-08-25
Author : Clip-Knix - Contact: clip-knix.biz
🛈 Synopsis : Clip-Knix are attractive, front-fastening underwear that can be put on easily without the need to bend or balance on one leg. Clip-Knix is designed for anyone and Clip-Knix will be expanding the range to include options for both men and children and swimwear. Careful and robust research has informed the development of a highly effective and attractive range of underwear that will ultimately work for everyone.
There are over 11 million people with a disability in the UK. The highest reported impairments are those that affect mobility, lifting or carrying.
Clip-Knix was established in 2018 and prides itself as the first ever supplier of adaptive clothing front fastening underwear in the world. Clip-Knix is clip-on underwear that will increase independence and preserve dignity for millions of people who experience limited mobility and the elderly. This long-awaited solution is unique, indispensable and revolutionary.
Funmi Lawal was born in England and had a stroke soon after childbirth at the age of 35. She experienced first-hand how reduced mobility can rob an individual of independence and dignity. Funmi comments, 'I couldn't walk, bending down was painful and putting on underwear felt like a battle'. Funmi saw a chance to help people with limited mobility and has spent 16 years designing and testing clip-on knickers that will ultimately transform the lives of millions.
Clip-Knix are attractive, front-fastening underwear that can be put on easily without the need to bend or balance on one leg. Clip-Knix underwear reduces the risk of injury and allows wearers to be independent. Manufactured with soft, aesthetically pleasing stretch fabric for a perfect fit and ultimate comfort, simply place Clip-Knix in position and clip!
- There are six colours currently available: white, black, cream, blue, green and purple.
- Clip-Knix knickers are practical, stylish clip-on knickers that are designed to make living easier.
- The cleverly designed underwear solution enables the wearer to clip underwear on and off at one, two or three front-fastening locations with the choice of buttons or hooks to suit a wide range of needs.
- The practical and stylish high-quality underwear range is not only durable but offers a truly ergonomic solution for those who don't have the physical ability to bend or stretch to put on their underwear - just clip in place.
Clip Knix Brochure detailing 4 different styles of front fastening underwear.
Intelligent and Empathic Design
In collaboration with Innovate Product Design based in Salisbury, Clip-Knix focused on designing and manufacturing a practical yet fashionable underwear solution for the female sex at this stage, that negates the need to bend or stretch when dressing.
The result is underwear that can be fastened in the front without the need for bending or turning sideways. Careful and robust research has informed the development of a highly effective and attractive range of underwear that will ultimately work for everyone.
Whilst the first range launched is aimed at the female market, Clip-Knix is designed for anyone and Clip-Knix will be expanding the range to include options for both men and children and swimwear.
For further information visit: https://www.clip-knix.biz
Source/Reference: Clip-Knix (clip-knix.biz). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
Related Assistive Technology Documents
- 1: Innovative Clothing Solutions for People with Disabilities : Open Style Lab Fellows share their designs that solve disability related clothing challenges at the MIT Museum.
- 2: HandAble Cell Phone and Tablet Holder : Handable is a cellphone accessory that makes it easier for people with hand or wrist problems to hold cellphones and tablet devices.
- 3: The World Wide Web and Accessibility Improvements : The amount of business being conducted online continues to grow, as does the number of people with disabilities who are also consumers.
- 4: People with Disabilities and Neuroscience Technology : Interdisciplinary project involving neuroscience and technology aims to improve communication for people with disabilities.
- 5: Clip-Knix Front Fastening Underwear : Clip-Knix are attractive, front-fastening underwear that can be put on easily without the need to bend or balance on one leg.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Clip-Knix. Electronic Publication Date: 2020-08-25. Title: Clip-Knix Front Fastening Underwear, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/clip-knix.php>Clip-Knix Front Fastening Underwear</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/clip-knix.php - Reference: DW#148-13867.