New Google Chrome Accessibility Extensions
Published : 2015-05-26 - Updated : 2016-06-11
Author : Disabled World - Contact: Disabled World
Synopsis* : Accessibility extensions for Google Chrome browser aimed at helping persons with disabilities surf the Internet..
Google recently released two new extensions for its Chrome browser, both aimed at helping persons with disabilities better interact with the Web.
Google Chrome is a freeware web browser developed by Google. The browser was first publicly released for Microsoft Windows (XP and later versions) on September 2, 2008 in 43 languages, officially a beta version. Google releases the majority of Chrome's source code as an open-source project Chromium.
1) Animation Policy
Google's first extension,Animation Policy for Google Chrome allows you to adjust just how most animated images will work in your browser.
Disable image animation.
Make animations run only once.
Works on all animated image formats and animated SVG.
Does not affect video.
It will stop auto playing or loop playing animations on the web but don't worry it won't stop playing video on web.
It stops only animation extensions, which are annoying a lot these days.
The extension provides you with controls to run animations only once or not at all.
It is compatible with popular image animation formats but not video animations.
Color Enhancer for Google Chrome is designed for people who are color blind.
The extension adds an icon to Google Chrome's address bar that reveals the options when you click on it.
2) Color Enhancer
The second extension Color Enhancer for Google Chrome is designed for people who are color blind.
A customizable color filter applied to web-pages to improve color perception, for people who are partially color-blind.
It better distinguish between the shades of colors so that people can better surf the web.
Once you install this extension you can adjust the color temperature.
During the setup process you're asked to pick the row of stars in a grid of stars look the faintest.
About the Author
Disabled World (Disabled-World.Com) is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news, assistive technology reviews, and disability sporting events, as well as general information for people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. Be sure to check out our homepage for informative reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Electronics/Software Documents
- 1: Brain Computer Interface Allows Locked-In People to Communicate : Brain computer interface that deciphers thoughts of people unable to communicate could revolutionize lives of those with completely locked-in syndrome.
- 2: Hot Virtual Keyboard for Persons with Disabilities : Hot Virtual Keyboard for persons with disability speeds up screen typing by replacing Windows built-in On-Screen Keyboard.
- 3: Acapela TTS Voices for NVDA Screen Reader : Acapela TTS voices for NVDA enables blind and vision impaired people to use high quality and high performing voices with NVDA screen reader.
- 4: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy announces launch of PEATworks.org a comprehensive Web portal spearheaded by ODEPs Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology.
- 5: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : Article examines how QR codes can be a means to display 3D images and secure visual communication.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2015-05-26 - Revised: 2016-06-11. Title: New Google Chrome Accessibility Extensions, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/computer/chrome-accessibility.php>New Google Chrome Accessibility Extensions</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-18, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/computer/chrome-accessibility.php - Reference: DW#160-11420.