DVDVideoSoft Programs Fully Accessible for People with Visual Impairments
Author: DVDVideoSoft Ltd
Published: 2011-12-02 : (Rev. 2013-06-04)
Synopsis and Key Points:
DVDVideoSoft made its software compatible with screen readers and releases new updates for YouTube software which includes a special compatibility mode for such software.
Main DigestDVDVideoSoft has updated YouTube software and now it features compatibility with screen reading software (screen readers) that is widely used among blind and disabled people.
Screen Reader - A software application that attempts to identify and interpret what is being displayed on the screen (or, more accurately, sent to standard output, whether a video monitor is present or not). This interpretation is then re-presented to the user with text-to-speech, sound icons, or a Braille output device. Screen readers are a form of assistive technology (AT) potentially useful to people who are blind, visually impaired, illiterate or learning disabled, often in combination with other AT, such as screen magnifiers.
DVDVideoSoft, a leading free software developer who thinks highly of every user, made its software compatible with screen readers, special software applications that attempt to identify and interpret what is being displayed on the screen.
Today DVDVideoSoft releases new updates for YouTube software which includes a special compatibility mode for such software.
Some months ago DVDVideoSoft redesigned the most popular programs from the list of 40+ tools included in Free Studio.
All YouTube downloading software featured a new interface that appeared to be of no use for blind, visually impaired people who use screen reading software to work with computers. So, based on core principle of following users' needs, the staff arrived at the decision to make the software fully accessible for the people with visual impairments.
Thereby, a new option has been embedded in all YouTube downloading software. Now it is possible with one click to enable compatibility with screen reading software in the Options menu of the main program window.
The new functionality was tested with NVDA screen readers. Thus all users can enjoy using DVDVideoSoft software again without any limitation.
Moreover, the company has slightly simplified the YouTube software interface and proved itself again as a developer of free, simple and user-friendly software. Due to the thoroughly elaborated interface all extensive functionality is as accessible and comprehensive for advanced users as for neophytes.
DVDVideoSoft company's representative, Alex Wang, comments: "First of all, we must thank our users for their feedback that we get soon after new releases and updates. It helps us react quickly and eliminate all difficulties our users are confronted with. The most important thing is that now absolutely all users have the possibility to enjoy not only the new interface of our programs, but all new functions embedded in redesigned YouTube software. There are no more obstacles for it."
All-in-one package Free Studio includes all recent updates which can be downloaded from the official website www.dvdvideosoft.com
- 1: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (2014/10/17)
- 2: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : The Optical Society (2014/11/14)
- 3: 3dRudder: Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller : Disabled World (2017/01/02)
- 4: 3dRudder Foot Mouse : Stanislas Chesnais (2020/11/24)
- 5: Tablet Computers for Educational Medium : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015/01/23)
- 6: Sitecues: Improving Patron Web Accessibility : Ai Squared (2016/06/02)
- 7: How to Create God Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 : Disabled World (2020/09/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.