FrontFace for Windows 7 Tablet Functionality
Author: mirabyte GmbH & Co. KG
Synopsis and Key Points:
FrontFace for Netbooks and Tablets helps overcome limited user experience of Windows based tablet computers while maintaining compatibility with existing applications.
Main DigestWindows 8 Tablet Functionality Already Available Today for Windows 7 with mirabyte FrontFace.
FrontFace for Netbooks & Tablets, an innovative application from mirabyte Software, helps to overcome the limited user experience of Windows-based tablet computers while maintaining full compatibility with existing applications.
Many hardware vendors have recently shown new Windows 7-based tablet computers (Slates) at Computex in Taipei. However Windows is suffering from not being very well optimized for touch screen interaction.
mirabyte has recently released FrontFace for Netbooks & Tablets, an innovative application that helps to make any existing Windows 7 touch screen devices easier to use and that is fully capable of even running powerhouse programs like Microsoft Office inside the UI. In contrast to plain launcher applications that some device vendors ship with their tablet devices, FrontFace comes with an entirely new user interface which makes it easy to work even with existing Windows applications on touch screen-enabled devices. A special contextual menu allows performing typical actions for the currently selected application.
FrontFace's graphical user interface was specifically designed for touch screens, but also works great with mouse/touch-pads and ordinary keyboards. The software supports multitasking and provides a comfortable way of switching between running applications.
The program supports specific built-in applications, web applications and all standard Windows programs. The FrontFace Market, a brand new online repository for downloading and installing free apps and new features with a single finger tap, is also included with the software.
While FrontFace for Netbooks & Tablets was designed for ultra-portable Tablet PCs with touch screens and no keyboards and all-in-one PCs, the software runs on any PC or Netbook that runs Windows 7/XP/Vista with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed. A single-user license costs $39.95(US).
Since 2005, mirabyte has been developing and marketing software applications for businesses, home users, and software developers. In addition to FrontFace for Netbooks & Tablets, the company also offers products and services ranging from Web technologies, mobile solutions, innovative user interfaces, and digital signage to professional enterprise communication solutions and information logistics applications. mirabyte solutions and products are used worldwide by clients from various sectors.
Product information: www.mirabyte.com/en/products/frontface-for-netbooks-and-tablets/
- 1: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (2014/10/17)
- 2: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : The Optical Society (2014/11/14)
- 3: 3dRudder: Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller : Disabled World (2017/01/02)
- 4: 3dRudder Foot Mouse : Stanislas Chesnais (2020/11/24)
- 5: Tablet Computers for Educational Medium : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015/01/23)
- 6: Sitecues: Improving Patron Web Accessibility : Ai Squared (2016/06/02)
- 7: How to Create God Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 : Disabled World (2020/09/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.