iPad for Every Special Education Teacher in Israel
Author: Athena Fund : Contact: athenafund.org/index.php?categoryId=8561
Synopsis and Key Points:
About 10,000 special education teachers in Israel will receive iPads with specialized software and applications for students with special needs and various disabilities.
Israel's Athena Fund, a nonprofit organization empowering teachers, has launched a new international Facebook group, in English, for parents of children with special needs.
The Athena Fund is engaged in a unique program - iPad for Every Special Education Teacher in Israel.
According to the program, about 10,000 special education teachers in Israel will receive iPads with specialized software and applications for students with special needs and various disabilities. The new Facebook group contains posts in a number of areas of interest concerning parents of children with special needs, as well as information on Athena's special education activities. The link to the new Facebook group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/324222721354496/
Athena's iPad for Every Special Education Teacher in Israel program is designed to empower special education teachers by enabling them to communicate better with their students, gain access to a wider range of teaching materials, and expose their students to the world of advanced technology.
The iPad is especially important in special education.
In addition to it being an extremely effective tool for the teacher in the classroom, studies have shown that the iPad allows children with special needs to communicate better and more effectively with their environment. For example, the iPad enables children with autism, even those who had never before communicated with their parents and their environment, to interact with their surroundings in a most exciting manner. Many parents have expressed how the iPad has helped them open a window into the soul of their special needs children, and enabled them to talk with the children about current and high-level subjects. This has led to a dramatic improvement in the lives of special needs children and their families. The distribution of iPads to special education teachers will enable them to help students fulfill their potential.
"The new Facebook group is another milestone in the Athena Fund's activity in the special education sphere," said Uri Ben-Ari, Athena Fund's founder and president. "We've received excellent responses to our iPad for Every Special Education Teacher program from parents of children with special needs. As a result, we decided to involve parents in efforts to promote special education and to inform them about various things that may help them."
The new Facebook group for parents of children with special needs follows two other recent initiatives of the Athena Fund.
The first is an exciting, touching video featuring testimonials of parents to teens with special needs, describing how the iPad enables their children to express themselves in various subjects and communicate with them and their surroundings (https://www.facebook.com/Athenafundlaptop/videos/251078858709386). The second was a charity auction of more than 50 artworks created by Israel's best artists, to benefit Israel's special education teachers. Each artist received an old laptop that is no longer in use (contributed by high-tech companies), and turned it into a unique 3D artwork.
In addition to iPad for Every Special Education Teacher in Israel, Athena runs three additional programs: Laptop Computer for Every Teacher, Laptop Computer for Every Kindergarten Teacher and Tablet for Every Science Teacher.
- 1 - VADIA Virtual Reality Simulator Helps Teenagers with Autism Learn How to Drive : Vanderbilt University (2016/07/26)
- 2 - Smyle Mouse for Hands-free Control via Face Gestures : Perceptive Devices, LLC (2016/10/18)
- 3 - List of Hotkeys and Keyboard Shortcuts : Disabled World (2009/02/17)
- 4 - List of Computer Screen Readers for Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2014/08/06)
- 5 - Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control : Comcast (2019/06/19)
- 6 - Brain Waves Write Directly to Computer : Mayo Clinic (2009/12/07)
- 7 - Connecting iPad iPhone or iPod to TV or Projector : Disabled World (2012/02/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.