Launch of Project Ubi Odyssey the Ubiquitous Computer
Author: Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation
Contact : theubi.com - email@example.com
Published: 2014-02-10 - (Updated: 2016-09-24)
Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation announce the launch of Project Ubi Odyssey allowing interaction with computers without the use of screens.
Beta Test Program for Ubi - The Ubiquitous Computer.
Ubi - The Ubiquitous Computer - is a device made to usher in the era of ubiquitous computing - when humans will be able to interact with computers without requiring the use of screens or handheld devices.
The Ubi is a WiFi-connected, voice-operated computer that plugs into a power outlet and makes the environment around it Internet enabled.
Reminiscent of voice controlled computers depicted in science fiction, early uses of the Ubi include Internet search, messaging, and communications without the use of hands or screens. The Ubi also includes sensors that allow for remote monitoring of the environment around it.
Picture of the UBI
Project Ubi Odyssey will allow early adopters of technology to get access to the Ubi, develop connectivity with home automation and Internet services, and create novel human computer interactions. Those interested can register for the program at theubi.com and selected candidates will be invited to participate in the program. The Beta Ubi cost is $299. The program is currently limited to 5,000 participants and to residents of the United States.
The Ubi relies on powerful server technology that processes natural language to infer requests from the user and then pulls data from various Internet sources. Users can easily build voice-driven interactions and connect devices and services through the Ubi Portal. The device is equipped with temperature, humidity, air pressure and ambient light sensors to provide feedback on the environment around it. Also onboard the Ubi are stereo speakers, two microphones, and bright multi-colored LED indicator lights.
Ubi's trigger technology is powered by Sensory's Truly-Hands-free software. The Ubi team consists of developers with experience in human computer interaction, voice recognition and robotics. The Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation is a privately-held Canadian company that develops ubiquitous computing technology.
Those interested in learning more about the Ubi can contact Leor Grebler, CEO of UCIC, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 - Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control : Comcast (2019/06/19)
- 2 - List of Computer Screen Readers for Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2014/08/06)
- 3 - Brain Waves Write Directly to Computer : Mayo Clinic (2009/12/07)
- 4 - Connecting iPad iPhone or iPod to TV or Projector : Disabled World (2012/02/02)
- 5 - Essential Accessibility: Tools for Website Accessibility : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/06/17)
- 6 - List of Hotkeys Keyboard Shortcuts for Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)
- 7 - Using Sticky Keys for Accessibility On PC and Mac Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)