Launch of Project Ubi Odyssey the Ubiquitous Computer
Author: Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation : Contact: theubi.com - email@example.com
Published: 2014-02-10 : (Rev. 2016-09-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation announce the launch of Project Ubi Odyssey allowing interaction with computers without the use of screens.
Beta Test Program for Ubi - The Ubiquitous Computer.
Ubi - The Ubiquitous Computer - is a device made to usher in the era of ubiquitous computing - when humans will be able to interact with computers without requiring the use of screens or handheld devices.
The Ubi is a WiFi-connected, voice-operated computer that plugs into a power outlet and makes the environment around it Internet enabled.
Reminiscent of voice controlled computers depicted in science fiction, early uses of the Ubi include Internet search, messaging, and communications without the use of hands or screens. The Ubi also includes sensors that allow for remote monitoring of the environment around it.
Picture of the UBI
Project Ubi Odyssey will allow early adopters of technology to get access to the Ubi, develop connectivity with home automation and Internet services, and create novel human computer interactions. Those interested can register for the program at theubi.com and selected candidates will be invited to participate in the program. The Beta Ubi cost is $299. The program is currently limited to 5,000 participants and to residents of the United States.
The Ubi relies on powerful server technology that processes natural language to infer requests from the user and then pulls data from various Internet sources. Users can easily build voice-driven interactions and connect devices and services through the Ubi Portal. The device is equipped with temperature, humidity, air pressure and ambient light sensors to provide feedback on the environment around it. Also onboard the Ubi are stereo speakers, two microphones, and bright multi-colored LED indicator lights.
Ubi's trigger technology is powered by Sensory's Truly-Hands-free software. The Ubi team consists of developers with experience in human computer interaction, voice recognition and robotics. The Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation is a privately-held Canadian company that develops ubiquitous computing technology.
Those interested in learning more about the Ubi can contact Leor Grebler, CEO of UCIC, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (2014/10/17)
- 2: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : The Optical Society (2014/11/14)
- 3: 3dRudder: Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller : Disabled World (2017/01/02)
- 4: 3dRudder Foot Mouse : Stanislas Chesnais (2020/11/24)
- 5: Tablet Computers for Educational Medium : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015/01/23)
- 6: Sitecues: Improving Patron Web Accessibility : Ai Squared (2016/06/02)
- 7: How to Create God Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 : Disabled World (2020/09/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.