Launch of Project Ubi Odyssey the Ubiquitous Computer
Published : 2014-02-10 - Updated : 2016-09-24
Author : Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation - Contact: theubi.com - email@example.com
Synopsis* : Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation announce the launch of Project Ubi Odyssey allowing interaction with computers without the use of screens.
Beta Test Program for Ubi - The Ubiquitous Computer.
Ubi - The Ubiquitous Computer - is a device made to usher in the era of ubiquitous computing - when humans will be able to interact with computers without requiring the use of screens or handheld devices.
The Ubi is a WiFi-connected, voice-operated computer that plugs into a power outlet and makes the environment around it Internet enabled.
Reminiscent of voice controlled computers depicted in science fiction, early uses of the Ubi include Internet search, messaging, and communications without the use of hands or screens. The Ubi also includes sensors that allow for remote monitoring of the environment around it.
Picture of the UBI
Project Ubi Odyssey will allow early adopters of technology to get access to the Ubi, develop connectivity with home automation and Internet services, and create novel human computer interactions. Those interested can register for the program at theubi.com and selected candidates will be invited to participate in the program. The Beta Ubi cost is $299. The program is currently limited to 5,000 participants and to residents of the United States.
The Ubi relies on powerful server technology that processes natural language to infer requests from the user and then pulls data from various Internet sources. Users can easily build voice-driven interactions and connect devices and services through the Ubi Portal. The device is equipped with temperature, humidity, air pressure and ambient light sensors to provide feedback on the environment around it. Also onboard the Ubi are stereo speakers, two microphones, and bright multi-colored LED indicator lights.
Ubi's trigger technology is powered by Sensory's Truly-Hands-free software. The Ubi team consists of developers with experience in human computer interaction, voice recognition and robotics. The Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation is a privately-held Canadian company that develops ubiquitous computing technology.
Those interested in learning more about the Ubi can contact Leor Grebler, CEO of UCIC, at firstname.lastname@example.org
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Electronics/Software Documents
- 1: Brain Computer Interface Allows Locked-In People to Communicate : Brain computer interface that deciphers thoughts of people unable to communicate could revolutionize lives of those with completely locked-in syndrome.
- 2: Hot Virtual Keyboard for Persons with Disabilities : Hot Virtual Keyboard for persons with disability speeds up screen typing by replacing Windows built-in On-Screen Keyboard.
- 3: Acapela TTS Voices for NVDA Screen Reader : Acapela TTS voices for NVDA enables blind and vision impaired people to use high quality and high performing voices with NVDA screen reader.
- 4: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy announces launch of PEATworks.org a comprehensive Web portal spearheaded by ODEPs Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology.
- 5: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : Article examines how QR codes can be a means to display 3D images and secure visual communication.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Unified Computer Intelligence Corporation. Electronic Publication Date: 2014-02-10 - Revised: 2016-09-24. Title: Launch of Project Ubi Odyssey the Ubiquitous Computer, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/computer/launch.php>Launch of Project Ubi Odyssey the Ubiquitous Computer</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-18, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/computer/launch.php - Reference: DW#160-10104.