DOL Announces Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology
Author: U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy
Contact : www.PEATworks.org
Published: 2014-10-17 - (Updated: 2016-06-11)
U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy announces launch of PEATworks.org a comprehensive Web portal spearheaded by ODEPs Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology.
From educational articles to interactive tools, the website's content aims to help employers and the technology industry adopt accessible technology as part of everyday business practice so that all workers can benefit.
PEATworks.org will be the central hub of PEAT, a multifaceted initiative to improve the employment, retention and career advancement of people with disabilities through the promotion of accessible technology.
PEAT conducts outreach, facilitates collaboration and provides a mix of resources to serve as a catalyst for policy development and innovation related to accessible technology in the workplace.
"PEAT is the only entity of its kind bringing together employers, technology providers, thought leaders and technology users around the topic of accessible technology and employment," said Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Kathy Martinez.
"Given the critical role that accessible technology plays in the employment of people with disabilities, ODEP is delighted to announce the launch of PEATworks.org, with its rich array of tools and resources."
Features of PEATworks.org include an action guide for employers and informational articles, and it will serve as a platform for collaboration and dialog around accessible technology in the workplace.
Also featured is "TechCheck," an interactive tool to help employers assess their technology accessibility practices and find resources to help develop them further.
ODEP is announcing the launch of PEATworks.org during National Disability Employment Awareness Month, an annual series of events in October that raise awareness and celebrate the many and varied contributions of America's workers with disabilities.
PEAT is managed through an ODEP-funded grant to the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America.
For more information, visit www.PEATworks.org
- 1 - Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control : Comcast (2019/06/19)
- 2 - List of Computer Screen Readers for Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2014/08/06)
- 3 - Brain Waves Write Directly to Computer : Mayo Clinic (2009/12/07)
- 4 - Connecting iPad iPhone or iPod to TV or Projector : Disabled World (2012/02/02)
- 5 - Essential Accessibility: Tools for Website Accessibility : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/06/17)
- 6 - List of Hotkeys Keyboard Shortcuts for Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)
- 7 - Using Sticky Keys for Accessibility On PC and Mac Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)