Bringing Smile and Head Mouse Control to AAC and Eye Tracking Devices
Author: Perceptive Devices LLC(i) : Contact: percept-d.com
Published: 2017-10-25 : (Rev. 2018-04-30)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Perceptive Devices and Tobii Dynavox partner to bring Smile and Head Mouse Control to AAC and eye tracking devices.
Perceptive Devices LLC announced today a worldwide, multi-year partnership agreement with Tobii Dynavox (a business unit of Tobii AB) to bring a new generation of hands-free and voice-free control for those with physical difficulties.
This partnership gives users of Tobii Dynavox's products a new option to control their devices using only eye gaze and gentle smiles, without the use of hands, voice, mouse, keyboard or adaptive switches.
Perceptive Devices' award-winning head mouse and gesture control technology allows users to achieve mouse control in a completely hands-free, touch-free, and voice-free fashion.
Their software product, Smyle Mouse, tracks users' head motions and facial gestures via a simple webcam and translates them into mouse commands for precise and responsive mouse control.
A user can initiate a click, scroll, or drag by simply smiling.
Users can also use the smile gesture as a novel access method to exercise switch control over their AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) software and devices.
"Our technology can be very useful to millions of people around the world who experience difficulties in using their hands due to disabilities such as spinal cord injury, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Cerebral Palsy and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome," said Uday Parshionikar, Founder and CEO of Perceptive Devices LLC.
"Pairing our facial expressions based head mouse control with Tobii's gold standard eye tracking technology is a match made in heaven for users looking for a simple yet powerful hands-free and voice-free control solution."
Tobii AB is the global leader in eye tracking.
Tobii Dynavox makes specially designed computers that are controlled by eye movement or touch screens for use by people with special needs.
Tobii Dynavox will start including a full version of Smyle Mouse on all its I-Series products (such as I-15+ and I-12+ products) in Q3 2017.
A trial version of Smyle Mouse will be included with its Indi products as well as bundled with its standalone eye tracking peripherals in a similar timeframe.
To get a 14 days free trial of Smyle Mouse, the next-gen head mouse software, visit https://smylemouse.com and click the "Start Free Trial" button.
(i)Source/Reference: Perceptive Devices LLC. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (2014/10/17)
- 2: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : The Optical Society (2014/11/14)
- 3: 3dRudder: Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller : Disabled World (2017/01/02)
- 4: 3dRudder Foot Mouse : Stanislas Chesnais (2020/11/24)
- 5: Tablet Computers for Educational Medium : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015/01/23)
- 6: Sitecues: Improving Patron Web Accessibility : Ai Squared (2016/06/02)
- 7: How to Create God Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 : Disabled World (2020/09/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.