Ubi Voice-activated Computer Will Benefit People with Disabilities and Elderly
Author: Disabled World
Contact : Disabled World
Published: 2012-10-17 - (Updated: 2016-09-24)
Ubi will be of great benefit to seniors and people with disabilities including those with visual hearing or mobility impairments.
As seen on Tuesday 16th edition of Lang and O'Leary Exchange, the Ubi is an always-on voice-activated computer ready to help. Just plug it in, talk to it and it'll help you connect with the world.
Ubi, (pronounced "Oobie"), will be a huge benefit to the elderly and people with disabilities including those with visual, hearing, or mobility impairments.
Ubi is short for ubiquitous computer - it is always on, always listening, always ready to help. It can scribe, listen, analyze. Ubi will either talk back to you with the information you seek or indicate information through multi-color lights.
Ubi is a voice-activated computer that plugs directly into a power outlet and connects to the Internet through wifi.
You simply talk to the Ubi and it talks back to you with the information you requested.
Saying "Ubi" wakes up the device for receiving verbal commands. You can then instruct Ubi to do your bidding.
If you've used Apple's Siri on your iPhone, or seen the ads for Siri voice activated search on TV, this product operates in a similar fashion.
The Ubi runs on the Android platform with a powerful processor for voice recognition and also has the ability to connect to other devices. You can plug in speakers, USB drives, or connect through Bluetooth directly to your iPhone or Android device.
Ubi Voice activated home computer system
Ubi can be used for potentially hundreds of applications. The applications planned to ship with the Ubi include:
- Alarm clock
- Voice memos
- Baby monitor
- Intercom system
- Noise pollution monitor
- Voice-enabled Internet search
- Home speaker system with sound piping
- Virtual assistant (audio calendar, feed reader, podcast etc)
- Indicator light (light changing based on events, e.g. weather, stock, email)
- Controlling the climate of your home (through web enabled thermostats like Nest)
Priced at around $220 for a single unit, discounts are given for extra units, Ubi will work in English with North American voltages, but it is planned to expand capabilities to other countries and languages.
For further information visit theubi.com to pre-order Ubi and have your questions answered.
- 1 - Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control : Comcast (2019/06/19)
- 2 - List of Computer Screen Readers for Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2014/08/06)
- 3 - Brain Waves Write Directly to Computer : Mayo Clinic (2009/12/07)
- 4 - Connecting iPad iPhone or iPod to TV or Projector : Disabled World (2012/02/02)
- 5 - Essential Accessibility: Tools for Website Accessibility : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/06/17)
- 6 - List of Hotkeys Keyboard Shortcuts for Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)
- 7 - Using Sticky Keys for Accessibility On PC and Mac Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)