Universal Home Design
- Publish Date: 2009/02/04 - (Rev. 2013/06/03)
- Author: Jill Phillips
Outline: Universal House Design is a design trend focused on accommodating special needs of seniors and people with disability.
Main DigestBuilding a new home is one of the greatest adventures that any family can embark upon. If you've already selected a high-quality, affordable stock house plan from a reputable house plan broker website, you're already well on your way.
Over the last few years, the concept of Universal House Design has become quite popular, and is basically, a design trend focused on accommodating special needs of aging and/or physically challenged occupants.
Typically, universal design house plans offer wide hallways and easy access to bedrooms and bathrooms and is becoming more and more important, driven by demographic trends.
Applying the basics of universal home design provides a set of design layout tactics to provide a home that is suitable for every member of a family who will be living there; from a toddler who will be crawling around, to an elderly member of a family who may be unsure in their footing.
Planning ahead is the key to a successful new home construction, and there is a wealth of information online on the topic of universal design for new house plans that take people through each of the different, typical life-stages.
When the average person builds a home, they generally do so taking a fairly long-term view. Most people these days buy their first home in their late twenties to early thirties, usually when they decide that the time has come to start a family. If all things fall into place according to life's plan, this could be their family home for twenty-five to thirty years or more. Some people even live in the same family home all their married lives. Apart from the sentimental aspects, the practical aspects of the home's design can play a vital role.
As such, it is increasingly important for potential new home builders to take advantage of the vast material of Universal Design resources available online, when shopping for your new house plan.
Best wishes in the building of your new home!
Reference: Jill Phillips is a home design enthusiast and operates one of the leading stock house-plans websites on the Internet located at Home Design Central.com. On the site, you can quickly search through thousands of unique house plans from the nation's leading building designers and architects.
New to the house plans shopping process? Have questions about how process works? No problem... All your questions are answered in the Just-Released and FREE "House-plan Shoppers Guide" at www.HomeDesignCentral.com/unique-house-plans.php
- 1 - Makerspaces: Universal Design and Accessibility | Jennifer Langston | 2015/08/06
- 2 - Solutions for Accessible Bathrooms | North Star Marketing | 2013/06/03
- 3 - Japan's Adoption of Universal Design Ahead of Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games | International Paralympic Committee (IPC) | 2017/02/23
- 4 - Assessing Your Home Accessibility Needs | Thomas C. Weiss | 2013/01/19
- 5 - Universal Home Design | Jill Phillips | 2009/02/04
- 6 - Increasing Accessible Storage | Dynamic Living Inc | 2011/05/05
- 7 - Obama Administration's Funding for Assisted Living Senior Housing | Inovonics | 2010/08/02
- 8 - Home Remodeling for Universal Needs | Renee Rutledge | 2009/02/10
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media