ReSound Introduces Hearing Better Seminars to Help Patients Overcome Stigma of Hearing Loss
ReSound is taking new steps to help hearing impaired overcome stigma associated with wearing a hearing aid and understand what they can do to hear better.
Main DigestReSound is partnering with hearing professionals nationwide to host a series of patient education seminars designed to help the hearing impaired get on the road to hearing better.
ReSound, the industry technology leader in hearing aid solutions, is partnering with hearing professionals to host a series of patient education seminars about "hearing better".
ReSound is taking new steps to help the hearing impaired overcome the stigma associated with wearing a hearing aid and understand what they can do to hear better.
"When it comes to hearing better, the number one obstacle for people with hearing loss is accepting that they need a hearing aid," said Kurt Schaffer, Strategic Account Manager, ReSound. "Our patient education seminars are a place for people with hearing loss to ask questions and become comfortable with taking the next step."
ReSound estimates that the typical hearing impaired individual will endure 7 years of denial before seeking treatment. With one in six baby boomers experiencing hearing loss and only 13% of doctors routinely screening for hearing loss during a physical, it is hardly surprising that the number of hearing impaired Americans is expected to rise to 78 million before 2030.
Hearing loss, when left untreated, can lead to social isolation, depression and a decrease in quality of life. It is also common for family members and friends to feel irritation, frustration and even anger because communication is difficult and attempts to offer help are met with denial.
"My audiologist honestly saved my marriage", said Emil Spears, a patient at ENT Associates of Greater Kansas City. "My wife was at breaking point. She was tired of me not being able to communicate and having to be my interpreter in social situations. My advice to others like me, don't think about what you have to lose. It's what you have to gain."
To learn more about hosting a Hearing Better seminar at your practice, Contact the ReSound Consumer Marketing Team at 1 (800) 248-4327 or ConsumerMarketing@gnresound.com
About ReSound -ReSound is the industry technology leader in hearing solutions. Since the company's inception in 1943, ReSound has been responsible for a number of hearing industry firsts, including Wide Dynamic Range Compression (WDRC), Digital Feedback Suppression (DFS) and the first open-standard digital chip. Headquartered in Ballerup, Denmark, GN ReSound is part of The GN ReSound Group, one of the world's largest provider of hearing instruments and diagnostic audiological instrumentation.
- 1 - Cat-Like Hearing with Device Trillions Times Smaller Than Human Eardrum : Case Western Reserve University (2018/03/30)
- 2 - FCC: Hearing Aid Compatibility for Wireless Voice Technology : Federal Communications Commission (FCC) (2015/12/21)
- 3 - Bluetooth Technology for Hard of Hearing People : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/05/15)
- 4 - Rechargeable Batteries for Hearing Aids : ZPower (2016/02/07)
- 5 - ReSound Creates Revolutionary Design in Custom Hearing Aids : ReSound (2011/01/04)
- 6 - Hearing Aids: How They Work, Types and Reviews : Disabled World (2009/01/17)
- 7 - Cochlear Implants: Making Music Sound Better : Columbia University Medical Center (2016/02/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.