Traveling Barbers In-Home Hair Care Services for The Disabled
Author: The Traveling Barbers - Hair Professionals for The Disabled(i)
Contact : TheTravelingBarbers.org
Published: 2019-09-06 - (Updated: 2020-03-17)
The Traveling Barbers offer professional mobile barber and hairstylist services for in-home hair care for persons with disabilities and individuals with special-needs.
- TheTravelingBarbers.org is totally free and requires no fee or registration when creating a listing for services...
- This new service will become a commodity in the special-needs community because of the many scenarios they may encounter when in need of hair care.
Recently a national platform was created for people with disabilities who are in need of in-home hair care services wherever they may live.
Found at TheTravelingBarbers.org, this website was established in the city of Trenton, New Jersey by Owner/Operator Cory Thomas. Cory was inspired to create such a website due to the needs of his father who had to have a leg amputated due to getting hit by a drunk driver.
After his father's surgery, one thing that Cory noticed was that his dad was avoiding going to the local barbershop he had always frequented when in need of hair grooming.
Cory didn't know if the reason was because he didn't want people staring and asking him questions about his accident, or he didn't wanna be embarrassed if he couldn't find a proper space to park his wheelchair without everyone making a big fuss.
The Traveling Barbers Logo.
That is the moment when Cory realized he had had a close friend who just happened to be a barber, and the friend would proceed in doing him a favor and going to his father personal residence to provide him the haircut he had desperately needed.
Realizing that there had to be others out there with disabilities who also had this very problem was when The Traveling Barbers "Hair Professionals For The Disabled" was created.
Fast forward to the present time, as the new leaders in in-home hair care for the disabled, The Traveling Barbers "Hair Professionals For The Disabled" are here to address a problem faced by many people in the disabilities community.
This new service will become a commodity in the special-needs community because of the many scenarios they may encounter when in need of hair care. For instance, there are a great deal of individuals who are of special-needs and don't have access to transportation needed to get to the nearest local barbershop or salon like able-bodied people are.
TheTravelingBarbers.org is totally free and requires no fee or registration when creating a listing for services, and when a professional Barber or Hairstylist from your area sees that listing, they will contact you to setup an appointment.
"These guys have got the right idea, it's a big help for someone like me who can't drive because of my disability," - Disabled Navy Vet Raymond Moss.
(i)Source/Reference: The Traveling Barbers - Hair Professionals for The Disabled. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Inventions Needed to Make Everyday Life Easier : Disabled World (2019/03/27)
- 2 - Traveling Barbers In-Home Hair Care Services for The Disabled : The Traveling Barbers - Hair Professionals for The Disabled (2019/09/06)
- 3 - Online Suppliers of Disability Products and Assistive Devices : Disabled World Live (2010/02/01)
- 4 - SturdyStraw: Hands Free Bendable Drinking Aids for People with Limited Movement : SturdyStraw Ltd (2018/08/16)
- 5 - Obi Robotic Dining Device - Breakthrough for People with Physical Challenges : meetobi.com (2016/07/12)
- 6 - The Zack Rack Accessibile Storage Solution : Freedom Shelf Innovations, Inc. (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Eazyhold Grip Aid for People with Hand Function Problems : EazyHold (2017/11/11)