Household Hints and Tips to Make Life Easier
Disabled World (disabled-world.com)
Revised/Updated: Sunday, 22nd December 2019
Synopsis and Key Points:
Great ideas including easy cleaning solutions, odor elimination, and other home tips for around the house and yard.
1 - Baby oil and a paper towel will restore the brightness and remove smudge marks from your stainless steel apliances.
2 - Pour distilled white vinegar into the garbage can. Use 2 to 3 cups of white vinegar and fill the rest of the garbage can with hot water.
In this section of Disabled World we provide a number of great ideas including easy home cleaning solutions, getting rid of odors and bad smells in and around the house, as well as other "making life easier" home tips.
For example: use popsicle sticks instead of paint stirring sticks to keep a color swatch of the paint color(s) for each room, punch a hole in the end of each one and loop them together with a key retainer ring.
Use strongly brewed black tea to clean the mirrors in your home or vehicle.
Baby oil and a paper towel will restore the brightness and remove smudge marks from your stainless steel apliances.
Smelling of roses - closeup photo of pink and white rose petals.
Here Are a Few Other Quick Tips
- Persistent Cooking Odors?
Put a small bowl of household vinegar next to where you were cooking. The vinegar will neutralize the source of the odor while the fragrance sprays will cover it up!
- Bad Microwave Smells?
Put a few drops of vanilla extract (or essential oils) in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for a few minutes or until it boils. Or, use any kind of citrus peel in a bowl of water.
- Skunk Spray Odor?
You can use bleach to clean skunk spray and odor from outdoor structures. Use a mixture of 10% bleach and 90% water to clean sprayed areas that aren't in danger in staining from the bleach.
- Smelly Trash Can?
Pour distilled white vinegar into the garbage can. Use 2 to 3 cups of white vinegar and fill the rest of the garbage can with hot water. Let the vinegar and water solution soak inside the garbage can for an hour.
- Cooked Cabbage Odor?
Add about 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to the pot while the cabbage is cooking. The vinegar will help neutralize 60-70% of the cabbage odors. However if you add too much vinegar, the cabbage may absorb some of the taste.
- Sweaty Smelly Feet?
Have you got a problem with smelly feet and no matter what you do or have tried to rid the foot odor, the smell remains?
- House Smells of Smoker(s)?
Smoking in a home leaves a tar residue on everything in the home. the best way to get rid of the smell is to get rid of the tar residue.
- Refrigerator or Freezer Smelly?
Refrigerator and freezer odors develop when foods are not sealed properly or are allowed to spoil inside the appliances. Sometimes strong scents transfer to other foods as well.
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
- 1 - Making Safe Homemade Pesticides : Disabled World (2018/03/13)
- 2 - Trapping Bedbugs to Detect Infestation : Simon Fraser University (2014/12/29)
- 3 - Tips to Get Rid of Skunk Spray Odor : Disabled World (2014/06/05)
- 4 - Removing Outside Urine and Stool Smells : Disabled World (2014/05/26)
- 5 - Getting Rid of Smelly Trash Can Odors : Disabled World (2014/05/13)
- 6 - Eliminate Musty Smelling Basement Odors : Disabled World (2014/05/01)
- 7 - Get Rid of Dishwasher Odors and Smells : Disabled World (2014/04/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.