Wheelchair Lift for Home or Business Access Needs
Author: Boyd Porter
Published: 2009-09-03 : (Rev. 2016-03-18)
Synopsis and Key Points:
The MovemanSKG's new wheelchair platform lift is perfect for companies with access needs.
MovemanSKG's new platform lift, Companion Extreme, features a robust steel construction with a painted finish.
This means it resists rust and withstands harsh weather conditions, even those typical of Scandinavian winters! Suitable for wheelchair users, the lift is perfect for companies with access needs.
Extreme is for external use only. It is freestanding, comes ready assembled, and does not require a pit, which minimizes building requirements and associated costs. MovemanSKG can install the unit in under a day and in all weather.
Gary Bound, one of movemanSKG's Sales Engineers, is delighted;
"Extreme operates reliably in cold or wet conditions with minimal maintenance, making it ideal for use in locations prone to bad weather. Extreme is an excellent addition to our product range - I am already dealing with several inquiries!"
Extreme lifts 300kg up to two meters, and has a large 910 x 1400mm platform that accommodates a wheelchair comfortably.
Users access the lift by means of a shallow ramp.
Simple, ergonomically positioned controls allow independent operation.
Options include a key isolation system to prevent misuse, galvanized finish, RAL color choice, glazed gates and adjacent entry.
All movemanSKG's platform lifts incorporate a variety of safety features and Extreme is no exception.
The gates lock automatically to prevent anybody opening them while the lift is in motion, and a pressure-sensitive plate detects objects or people under the platform and automatically checks its descent if necessary.
Gary continued; "Extreme comes with three inclusive service visits in the first year of ownership. It is an excellent addition to our platform lifts range."
About the Author:
Boyd Porter is movemanSKG's Sales Manager.
MovemanSKG is the UK market leader for specialist lifts. It was one of the first companies to recognize the special access needs of the wheelchair user and has subsequently installed over one thousand units. As part of Otis it has unrivaled financial and technical resources.
We offer technical expertise and advice to users and specifiers of these types of products. For more information visit www.movemanskg.co.uk Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
- 1 - ADA Swimming Pool Lift Chair Compliance : Adam Henige (2011/10/11)
- 2 - Wheelchair Lift for Home or Business Access Needs : Boyd Porter (2009/09/03)
- 3 - Wheelchair Stair Lifts: General Information : Ned D'Agostino (2009/02/09)
- 4 - Installing Home Elevators for Elderly or Disabled : John den Haan (2009/02/09)
- 5 - Information Regarding Hoists and Lifts for Persons with Disability : Christian Dunnage (2009/02/08)
- 6 - Ceiling Track Lift Systems for Seniors and People with Disability : Robert A Harvey (2009/02/11)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.