CEFALY FDA Approved Migraine Prevention Device Now Available in US
Author: CEFALY Technology(i) : Contact: www.cefaly.us
Published: 2014-04-23 : (Rev. 2019-02-08)
Synopsis and Key Points:
CEFALY Technology announces Cefaly medical device for preventative treatment of migraine headaches is available for purchase in the United States for patients with a medical prescription.
After much anticipation, CEFALY Technology announced today that the Cefaly® medical device for the preventative treatment for migraine headaches is available for purchase and delivery in the United States for patients with a medical prescription at www.cefaly.us
The Cefaly® medical device received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the preventative treatment for migraine headaches on March 11, 2014. It is the first transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation device specifically authorized for use prior to the onset of pain.
"The emails and phone calls asking where to purchase Cefaly® have been non-stop since we announced the device would be made available in the United States," said Doctor Pierre Rigaux, the chief executive officer of CEFALY Technology, the Belgian maker and member of the inventors team of the Cefaly®. "I'm very happy to let migraine sufferers in the U.S. know that Cefaly is now ready for U.S. purchase for patients with a prescription."
Cefaly® is a battery-powered device that resembles a headband and is affixed to the center of the forehead using a self-adhesive electrode that applies an electric current to the skin and underlying body tissues to stimulate branches of the trigeminal nerve, which has been associated with migraine headaches.
- Cefaly® is available by prescription-only and indicated for patients 18 years of age and older. It should only be used once daily for 20 minutes.
- Women who are pregnant or could become pregnant should check with their doctor before using Cefaly®.
- Cefaly® costs $295 plus $29 shipping and handling.
- The electrodes needed to operate the device cost $25 for a set of three (each electrode will last for up to approximately 20-uses).
- There is a 60-day money back guarantee.
The company that manufactures Cefaly® expects to make the device available via select pharmacies and clinics in the months ahead. For now, the device is available for U.S. purchase at www.cefaly.us
Cefaly® is also available in Canada and Europe.
CEFALY Technology is a Belgium-based company specializing in electronics for medical applications. It has developed external cranial stimulation technology for applications in the field of neurology, and in particular for treating migraines and headaches. For additional information or to purchase Cefaly® visit www.cefaly.us
(i)Source/Reference: CEFALY Technology. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1: Beaming Power to Medical Chips Within the Body : Stanford School of Engineering (2014/05/21)
- 2: Old Person Smell: When Older People Smell Different : Mirai Clinical (2016/03/14)
- 3: What Are Bariatric Aids, Products, Equipment : Disabled World (2012/07/10)
- 4: How Do Medical Alert Systems Work : Disabled World (2016/04/12)
- 5: SmartTrack Asthma Inhaler Technology : Nexus6 (2015/01/21)
- 6: Smartphones and Wearables May Revolutionize Medical Care for People with Brain Disorders : King's College London (2016/05/09)
- 7: Ribcap Protective Hats For Fall Risk Patients : Ribcap (2017/03/25)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.