Best Basic Heart Rate Monitors Under $100
Published: 2014-04-22 - Updated: 2019-02-08
Author: Heart Rate Watch Company | Contact: Phone +1 866-586-7129 - Website:www.heartratewatchcompany.com
Synopsis: Heart Rate Watch Company testing reveals the best Heart rate monitors to buy for under $100.
The five top basic heart rate monitors for under $100 for 2014 have been named by the Heart Rate Watch Company.
The speed of the heartbeat, specifically the number of heartbeats per unit of time. The heart rate is typically expressed as beats per minute (bpm). The heart rate can vary according to the body's physical needs, including the need to absorb oxygen and excrete carbon dioxide. Activities that can provoke change include physical exercise, sleep, anxiety, stress, illness, ingesting, and drugs. The rate of heart contractions is equal to the pulse, which is how many times a minute that our arteries expand because of the increase in blood pressure originated by our heartbeat. A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute.
Heart rate monitors come in hundreds of styles from dozens of different manufacturers but the five best for 2014 at under $100 have been named by the Heart Rate Watch Company testing staff.
"We sell a lot of advanced heart rate monitors and GPS watches that run from $300 to $500 but we wanted to examine the best basic monitors for under $100," says Rusty Squire, President of the Heart Rate Watch Company. He adds, "From iPhone to heart rate monitors with really big font for older eyes, this list has you covered."
- #1 - Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart chest strap and transmitter - $61.99 - "This device transmits heart rate data to your iPhone with the Polar Beat App but also has Polar Gym Code so most gym equipment will pick the heart rate up straight from the strap," says Squire.
- #2 - Suunto M2 - $99.95 - "This monitor has extra large font for easy reading, displays calories, gives workout summaries, and has one of the most comfortable straps we've ever tested," says Squire. He adds, "It's a real hit for those that need reading glasses."
- #3 - Polar FT7 - $73.99 - "This has been popular for years and can download data to Polar Personal Trainer software with an optional Flowlink device," says Squire. He adds, "It has a graphic zone indicator that is very helpful, plus audible alerts."
- #4 - Polar FT4 - $63.95 - "This watch displays real-time heart rate and calorie data but will not upload the data to Polar Personal Trainer, so you'll need the FT7 if that is your desire," says Squire.
- #5 - Panobike Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor - $57.99 - "This strap works with the Panobike app to deliver heart rate data to your iPhone 4S or later," says Squire.
"We don't put much credence in strapless heart rate monitors because we have had a lot of experience with their inaccuracies over the years," says Squire. He adds, "That is why we stopped selling them and you see no such options on our list because we are all about quality and accuracy."
Talk to the Experts
"If you would like to talk to a real expert than simply call us toll-free at 866-586-7129," says Squire. He adds, "We think you'll appreciate talking to real folks that actually test and use the products they sell."
Primary Information Source(s):
Best Basic Heart Rate Monitors Under $100 | Heart Rate Watch Company (Phone +1 866-586-7129 - Website:www.heartratewatchcompany.com). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
In Other News:
You're reading Disabled World. See our homepage for informative disability news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
Cite This Page (APA): Heart Rate Watch Company. (2014, April 22). Best Basic Heart Rate Monitors Under $100. Disabled World. Retrieved October 28, 2021 from www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/medical/monitors.php