Sensory Equipment As Teaching Aids
- Publish Date: 2010/07/13 - (Rev. 2019/02/08)
- Author: experia-usa.com(i)
Outline: Sensory equipment is ideal for those suffering from dementia depression autism and certain other behavioral problems.
Sensory equipment can be used by people who merely want to relax and enjoy a calming experience, but is also ideal for those suffering from dementia, depression, autism and certain other behavioral problems.
The stimulating and calming effects supplied by the sensory equipment have been shown to greatly assist verbal communication and responsiveness that is why is highly recommended as a teaching aid for youngsters with learning difficulties or children with severe communication problems.
Time spent using sensory equipment increases spatial awareness, concentration, relaxation and alertness and often results in a dramatic benefit to children with sensory impairment.
The equipment can also greatly enhance the development of senses such as hearing, sight, smell and touch. Most sensory equipment has been designed to cater for the senses of sound, sight, and touch or feel and includes:
- Illuminated bubble tubes
- Super active and interactive bubble tubes
- Hand held fiber optic sensory lights
- Fiber optic strands of light
- Fiber optic curtain of lights
- Soft-play multi-colored bean bags
- Soft-play shapes
- Light changer and ripple light projectors
- Wireless switches for the control of light, sounds, fans, aromas and computers
- Multi-colored balance beams
- Relaxation music
- Floor pads that emit sounds
- Outdoor sensory vortex tubes and sound posts
- Special needs equipment
Sensory equipment focuses on the more abstract senses of well-being, space and time. Positive, restful and calming feelings and emotions are accomplished by the creative use of sound equipment, different aromas, visual effects, vibrations, and tactile experiences like aromatherapy massages.
The different forms of sensory equipment combine to assist in the body's mental revitalization, stimulation, relaxation and the release of harmful stress.
- 1 - Ribcap Protective Hats For Fall Risk Patients | Ribcap | 2017/03/25
- 2 - Thermo: Wi-Fi Connected Temporal Thermometer | Withings | 2016/01/06
- 3 - Electric Cars and Bikes Do Not Interfere with Implanted Cardiac Devices | Mayo Clinic | 2013/03/10
- 4 - Disability Products: Assistive Devices for People with Disabilities and Seniors | Thomas C. Weiss | 2009/06/19
- 5 - Stimulating The Senses With a Bubble Tube | experia-usa.com | 2010/07/13
(i)Source/Reference: experia-usa.com. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.