Wheelchair Gym - Complete Home Exercise Solution for Seniors and Wheelchair Users
Author: Disabled World : Contact: Disabled World
Published: 2011-03-21 : (Rev. 2017-03-09)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Home gym suitable for both wheelchairs and power chair users and can be used by seniors who can use exercising equipment while seated in a chair or walker.
This product is no longer offered for sale.
This sturdy well designed home wheelchair gym is a unique all-in-one exercising device and designed for the severely disabled as well as seniors and wheelchair/power chair users, regardless of their fitness level.
The exercising equipment is designed to be used by persons while they are seated in either a wheelchair or walker.
The wheelchair gym frame, arms, hand grips and cylinder covers are constructed of stainless steel, and all other components are built from non-corrosive materials.
Total weight of the gym is 48 lbs which makes the equipment easy to move by simply lifting the frame at the rear and rolling it to a new location via it's included wheels.
Resistance to rotation of the arms is provided by hydraulic cylinders which continuously adjust to match the amount of pressure being applied.
An internal compression springs smoothly returns the arms back to the starting position.
Home wheelchair gym
Resistance can be easily be adjusted by a single control knob, which provides 8 different levels of resistance.
Suitable for Users Who Have/Are:
- Cerebral palsy
- Back problems
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury
- Muscular dystrophy
- Reduced spasticity
- Improved circulation
- Improved muscle tone
- Increased stamina and strength
- Increased range of motion and joint flexibility
No maintenance is required and the wheelchair gym comes shipped to you with a 5 year limited warranty for residential use and 2 years for non-residential use.
- 1: Beaming Power to Medical Chips Within the Body : Stanford School of Engineering (2014/05/21)
- 2: Old Person Smell: When Older People Smell Different : Mirai Clinical (2016/03/14)
- 3: What Are Bariatric Aids, Products, Equipment : Disabled World (2012/07/10)
- 4: How Do Medical Alert Systems Work : Disabled World (2016/04/12)
- 5: SmartTrack Asthma Inhaler Technology : Nexus6 (2015/01/21)
- 6: Smartphones and Wearables May Revolutionize Medical Care for People with Brain Disorders : King's College London (2016/05/09)
- 7: Ribcap Protective Hats For Fall Risk Patients : Ribcap (2017/03/25)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.