4 Wheel Electric Mobility Scooters
Disabled World (disabled-world.com)
Revised/Updated: Friday, 21st June 2019
Information and reviews of electric 4 wheel mobility scooter models available for seniors and persons with disabilities or obesity.
- Four wheel scooters are designed for maximum stability, and are mainly intended for outdoor use.
- The main aim of a mobility scooter is to give people a richer quality of life and freedom of choice that a wheelchair does not afford.
The main aim of a mobility scooter is to give people a richer quality of life and give them the freedom of choice that a wheelchair does not afford.
A mobility scooter is defined as a mobility aid equivalent to a wheelchair but configured like a motor-scooter. It is often referred to as a power-operated vehicle/scooter or electric scooter. The electricity is stored on board in a rechargeable battery, which drives one or more electric motors. Electric scooters - as distinct from motorcycles - have a step-through frame.
Mobility scooters give people independence and allows them to manage a lot of the everyday tasks themselves, such as shopping, going out with friends, going out for "walks" with people, they no longer are housebound.
Candy apple red Pride Pursuit mobility scooter incorporates power, style and performance to handle rugged outdoor terrain.
4 wheel scooters are the most reliable when it comes to outdoor use.
If you are certain that the turning radius of the larger scooter will not affect your mobility, especially indoors, then a full-size 4 wheel scooter is a good choice, though some 4 wheel electric scooters have a hybrid design that places the front wheels close together giving users a good mix of stability and maneuverability.
Many 4 wheel model mobility scooters include front and rear suspension to provide a much smoother ride at higher speeds than 3 wheel scooters.
Four wheel scooters are designed for maximum stability, and are mainly intended for outdoor use.
They are only slightly less maneuverable than the 3 wheel, yet most four wheel mobility scooters do maintain a turning radius that allows you to perform daily functions inside your home.
Some of the larger models have knobby tires and high ground clearance which make them great choices for use off road and in rugged terrain.
Deciding on the right mobility scooter for you will depend on several factors:
- Do you need a mobility scooter that can be easily stored and transported? Internal or external.
- Do you intend to navigate difficult terrains? Four wheels will provide you with extra power and stability.
- Where do you like to purchase your mobility scooter? Online or at dedicated mobility stores and dealers.
- Is the mobility scooter comfortable enough for you? Depending of your legs length or difficulty to sit upright.
- Do you want to include accessories in your mobility scooter? Like canopies for rain protection or storage for crutches.
- Will the mobility scooter be used to travel indoors or outdoors? Most mobility scooters can be used both indoors and out. A 4-wheel mobility scooter is typically better for outdoors. 3-wheel scooters are better to navigate in tight rooms because of smaller wheels and much smaller turning radius.
- Features often include horn, speed setting, lights, key ignition, tilt tiller, lever forward and reverse controls and captain type swivel seats.
- To charge you simply plug the lead into the mains.
- Four wheeled power scooters are the culmination of state-of-the-art technology and solid performance.
- They travel at a speed of 6 mph, on an average.
- A three wheel power scooter weighs approximately 220 to 250 pounds, and a four wheel power scooter is around 350 to 400 pounds.
Identify your needs before purchasing a wheelchair or mobility scooter:
For passengers who intend to take mobility devices, such as wheelchairs and mobility scooters on public transport, there are a number of factors that must be considered when choosing the most appropriate device. Most Australian-based mobility device retailers can help you choose a mobility device that is suitable for use on public transport services. To be sure you can use your wheelchair or mobility scooter as planned, consider the following before you buy:
- Where will you be traveling
- How far do you need to travel
- What surfaces will you be traveling on
- Do you need to register your mobility device
- Is the mobility device suitable for public transport
The Honda Monpal ML200
A stylish electric 4-wheel scooter featuring outstanding comfort and reassuring high stability. This is a convenient vehicle that helps support an active lifestyle for people worried about riding a bicycle long distances or up or down steep slopes. A specially developed suspension provides optimum contact with uneven and inclined road and sidewalk surfaces, and a high-output brush-less motor and high-efficiency control system achieve a high level of running stability and comfort.
The Parti portable scooter
Paving the way in dependable, fun mobility-a perfect solution for today's active lifestyle. The Parti scooter is equipped with easy-to-change VELCRO brand color panels, so you can change the color of your scooter everyday. The lightweight Parti scooter fits easily in most car trunks and easily assembles in seconds without tools. Features include batteries, puncture proof tires, set of three color panels (Red, Blue, and Champagne), front shopping basket, height-adjustable seat, adjustable handlebars, forward and reverse, horn, and 250 lb weight capacity.
Has everything you need; comfort, technology and mobility power to cover significant distances. The seat and back rest on the Hornet is fully adjustable and it has all the safety features of lights and backing horn. This mobility scooter is fitted with batteries and shipped to your door in a box.
Heavy-duty mobility scooters are bigger and stronger than the average 4 wheel scooter and feature weight capacities of up to 500 pounds and extra-large seats. Because of their large size, heavy-duty models are more difficult to use indoors and require larger lifts or carriers for transport by vehicle.