Alert Light - Mobility Safety Product
Author: Disabled World
Synopsis and Key Points:
Battery powered Alert Light provides high visibility in both daylight and darkness for scooters power chairs and other mobility equipment.
Main DigestBattery powered Alert Light provides high visibility in both daylight and darkness for scooters power chairs and other mobility equipment.
Spurred by an increasing number of accidents involving those using mobility vehicles in high-traffic areas, James Wilcox, an employee of Valley Metro Transit System in Phoenix, Ariz., began building a device that would allow for better visibility of individuals using mobility equipment. After months of testing and building prototypes, the Alert Light was completed.
The battery-operated Alert Light provides high visibility in both daylight and darkness on power operated vehicles/scooters, power chairs and other mobility equipment.
Innovative safety features include the orange safety flag alerting daytime traffic and the LED light which can be set as a solid glow or flashing strobe for nighttime visibility.
"We are always concerned about the safety and protection of our Amigo owners and felt it was necessary to develop a product to keep individuals highly visible both during the day and at night ," comments Al Thieme, Amigo Founder and President.
Orange alert light mounted on mobility scooter
The Alert Light Features:
- On/off switch in base of light
- Weatherproof for outdoor use
- Textured grip handle for easy folding
- 100+ hours of battery life in flashing mode
- Folding 53" long support shaft for easy storing
- Completely self-contained and easy to install
- Powered by 2 easily replaceable "C" batteries
- Orange safety flag measures 6.5" x 12" for daytime visibility
- Flashing or steady orange LED light measures 13" for nighttime visibility
- Comes as complete kit with instructions and mounting clamps for Amigo and other POV's
"The Alert Light has been a real life saver for my wife and I. The bright orange flag and light stick get the attention of drivers that would otherwise not see us at all. Our daughter even loves the Alert Light I mounted on the rear basket of her bicycle! ", Ron B.
Amigo Mobility manufactures a wide range of mobility products distributed worldwide. Visit www.myamigo.com and mobilityalertlight.com or call 1-800-MY-AMIGO for more information.
- 1 - Overview of Common Battery Types and Their Purposes : Disabled World (2019/06/16)
- 2 - Puncture Proof Sealant System for Mobility Scooter Tires : Tim Ross (2014/01/11)
- 3 - Tow Hitch for Electric Mobility Scooters : Chris Van (2013/01/15)
- 4 - Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport Mobility Service and Repair Station : Scootaround Inc. (2017/12/07)
- 5 - TGA Scoot and Be Seen Mobility Scooter Safety Campaign : TGA Electric Leisure Limited (2015/10/18)
- 6 - Alert Light - Mobility Safety Product : Disabled World (2011/03/16)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.