Puncture Proof Sealant System for Mobility Scooter Tires
Author: Tim Ross(i) : Contact: email@example.com
Published: 2014-01-11 : (Rev. 2018-11-03)
Synopsis and Key Points:
New TGA system will significantly reduce the risk of experiencing a flat tire on mobility scooters.
TGA, the UK's leading mobility scooter specialists, have launched a new puncture sealant system, that can now be injected on all TGA models with pneumatic tires, so end users can experience more freedom with peace of mind.
TGA have innovated within the mobility scooter market for almost 30 years. They understand that scooter owners need hassle-free independence and the ability to visit shops, travel to friends and enjoy sociable days out without the worry of losing mobility.
However highly reliable TGA scooters are, the concern of potentially experiencing a debilitating puncture has always been an issue, especially for individuals with very limited walking capabilities. This problem has now been minimized by TGA as it has established a partnership with a leading chemical sealant manufacturer. Together they can now provide a new, automatic puncture sealant system for all TGA's pneumatic mobility scooter tires.
Flat tyre on mobility scooter
New to the mobility market and exclusive to TGA, this revolutionary system will significantly reduce the risk of experiencing a flat tire due to a puncture. This new TGA system will ensure that even if tires or inner tubes are punctured, owners can usually continue with unaffected scooter performance.
Pneumatic tires always provide the most comfortable ride as opposed to solid wheels that are manufactured from denser rubber. Solid wheels are puncture proof, however, the benefits of advanced TGA suspension are always more pronounced when combined with air filled tires.
The new TGA puncture sealant system means that the smooth driving experience and increased mileage associated with pneumatic tires, can now be combined with increased trust and dependability.
The new TGA puncture sealant system consists of an environmentally friendly, latex-free compound that incorporates innovative fibers that bind together to form a robust, airtight surface.
It is injected into tires so that an internal protective coating is continually provided to the tire as the wheel rotates.
If a tread area becomes compromised by a nail or thorn, the combination of internal air pressure and centrifugal force, thrusts the solution into the hole instantly. As this process occurs automatically, pressure loss is minimal and un-compromised driving can continue.
Whilst there are similar products on the market, this solution eliminates the traditional need to carry a puncture repair kit, re-inflate a wheel or immediately replace a tire.
This new system is based on technology already used in many slow moving commercial vehicles involved with aviation ground support, civil engineering and agriculture.
Daniel Stone, TGA Managing Director explains:
"These are indeed exciting times for our customers as TGA's ground-breaking sealant system will reduce the worry associated with punctures. All our scooters from the award winning Breeze family to the Vita range with cutting edge styling, are renowned for reliability and proven performance. However tires being damaged by increasing amounts of debris on pavements, has been unavoidable up until now and will still be a common problem with other brands. From January 2014, TGA scooters will be unique in that, this exclusive system can be injected during Pre-delivery Inspection procedures and has been proven to solve around 90% of all punctures."
For more information visit www.tgamobility.co.uk
(i)Source/Reference: Tim Ross. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Overview of Common Battery Types and Their Purposes : Disabled World (2019/06/16)
- 2 - Puncture Proof Sealant System for Mobility Scooter Tires : Tim Ross (2014/01/11)
- 3 - Tow Hitch for Electric Mobility Scooters : Chris Van (2013/01/15)
- 4 - Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport Mobility Service and Repair Station : Scootaround Inc. (2017/12/07)
- 5 - TGA Scoot and Be Seen Mobility Scooter Safety Campaign : TGA Electric Leisure Limited (2015/10/18)
- 6 - Alert Light - Mobility Safety Product : Disabled World (2011/03/16)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.