Ugly Walking Canes Are Out - High Fashion Canes Are In
Published: 2009-01-29 : (Rev. 2016-11-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
New style walking canes now come in many colors and designs including folding canes giving mobility aid to the elderly and impaired.
Newly designed cane handles have come a long way since the "one choice" selection. The new, and very popular, Orthopedic Palm Grip handle has been a lifesaver for those with arthritis in the fingers and hands.
High fashion walking canes have finally arrived!
Walking Cane's have been around for centuries giving mobility aid where needed. But fantastic changes have occurred! The old medicinal looking canes of yesteryear have finally given way to a new line of upscale, fashion designed canes.
In the past, carrying a walking cane gave the feeling (or perception) of one being in their old age years. This did not set very well with the new, younger individuals requiring canes. Therefore, after a zillion requests (and a lot of begging), the walking cane manufacturers finally came to realize that the time for good looking walking canes had arrived.
It is obvious, that when one feels good about the way they look, it gives a sense of pride and dignity. The unique designs of today's modern walking aids gives prestige and esteem to this new, unique group of walking cane users (as well as those who used ugly canes in the past).
The newly designed cane handles have come a long way since the "one choice" selection. The new, and very popular, Orthopedic Palm Grip handle has been a lifesaver for those with arthritis in the fingers and hands.
The unique curve of the handle allows most of the person's weight to be distributed over the palm and shaft rather than fingers. These unique canes use to be rather clumsy and "boring," but not any more. One can find these beautiful "friends" in Champagne, Midnight Black, Marbleized and even a Soft Touch design.
The Folding Walking Cane has given much more mobility freedom to today's users.
These helpful aids fold into a neat little package of 8" to 11". They are just the right size to fit into a glove compartment, desk drawer, suitcase, purse, backpacks, and a zillion other places.
No longer must one choose from the only (boring) Black or Silver colors.
Gratefully, cane users can find every color imaginable with the new fashion canes. The vibrant new colors have great descriptive names, such as Lilac, Wildflower, Splash and Rainbow. (where were these beauties 10 years ago)
As our population seems to be getting taller (and a bit heavier), more designs have surfaced in the Heavy Duty - Extra Tall categories. Many of these new canes have a weight capacity of 500 lbs, and are 38 to 44" long. Those "extra tall" men finally have a great selection of designer-styled supporting canes that are long enough to eliminate bending.
With hundreds of new beautiful styles, colors and patterns, we salute the Walking Cane Manufacturers for finally giving us good looking "stylish walking canes."
- 1 - KMINA Crutch Avoids Injury to Hands, Wrists and Shoulders : KMINA (2016/10/21)
- 2 - Buying a Rollator Walker - Tips From a Licensed Physical Therapist : Walkers and Wheelchairs (2010/11/20)
- 3 - Moterum MTip Crutch Tip Provides Mobility for All Terrains : Moterum LLC (2017/01/31)
- 4 - Ugly Walking Canes Are Out - High Fashion Canes Are In : Starena (2009/01/29)
- 5 - Crutches for the Beach - Sand-Pad Crutch Tips : Jerry Vasilatos (2011/12/21)
- 6 - Brain to Machine Interface Gets People with Paralysis Back on Their Feet : University of Melbourne (2016/02/08)
- 7 - Completely Paralyzed Man Voluntarily Moves His Legs : University of California - Los Angeles (2015/09/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.