SoftWheel - A Smoother Wheelchair Ride
Author: SoftWheel : Contact: softwheel.technology
- SoftWheel achieves goal of designing a superior wheelchair delivering greater accessibility and far greater comfort.
SoftWheel CEO Daniel Barel gave a presentation today before more than 18,000 people at the AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington, D.C. His address, which included product demonstrations, focused on SoftWheel's life-changing innovations and the company's plans for the future.
Selected as one of just three companies from across the "startup nation" to be featured on-stage in a plenary session at the conference, Barel described how he and his team achieved their breakthrough by first achieving the goal of designing a superior wheelchair delivering greater accessibility and far greater comfort. Barel and his team accomplished what no other innovators could do despite nearly 200 years of trying: SoftWheel reinvented the wheel, putting suspension inside the wheel itself.
Earlier in the conference, Barel delivered another address that gave hundreds of delegates the opportunity to see SoftWheel's products up-close and to learn more about the history of the company.
SoftWheel's patented technology places a revolutionary suspension system inside the wheel itself.
SoftWheel's patented technology places a revolutionary suspension system inside the wheel itself. Equipped with shock absorbers that switch between providing rigidity and cushioning, the SoftWheel empowers a wheelchair user to navigate painlessly down stairs, off curbs and on almost any terrain.
"We set out to give wheelchair users a more comfortable and accessible ride, and we ended up reinventing the wheel," explained Barel. "Our new wheels are incredibly energy-efficient, and they have the potential to revolutionize all types of wheeled transportation."
SoftWheel is currently available for bicycles as well, and Barel has no plans to stop there. For the first time ever, SoftWheel unveiled from the conference stage the company's new automotive concept, which will bring the radical efficiency improvements to the automotive sector.
Under Barel's leadership, SoftWheel is rapidly expanding. In addition to its original location in Israel, SoftWheel has opened a new factory in Charlotte, N.C. and has another coming soon in the Czech Republic.
SoftWheel is an international company that is reinventing the wheel. With patented, innovative technology and skilled engineers and designers, SoftWheel creates an energy-efficient and energy-absorbing wheel system with the potential to disrupt the entire transportation industry. These safer and more comfortable wheels can currently be purchased for wheelchairs and bicycles.
To learn more, or to order a set of wheels, visit softwheel.technology
- 1 - PILIUS Raincoat for Wheelchair Users : PILIUS (2015/12/17)
- 2 - Seksi Spokes: Colored Covers for Wheelchair Spokes : Dr. Gene Emmer (2019/09/19)
- 3 - Wheelchair Caddy Makes Transporting Wheelchairs Easier : My Wheelchair Caddy (2009/06/15)
- 4 - Solution for Dirty Wheelchair Tires Leaving Marks on Floors and Carpets : RehaDesign (2015/10/01)
- 5 - wheelAIR Cooling Backrest Cushion Poised to Revolutionise Mobility Industry : wheelAIR (2017/11/10)
- 6 - wheelAIR Innovative New Cooling Wheelchair Backrest Wins Support on Dragons Den : wheelAIR (2018/01/17)
- 7 - Electric Assist for Manual Wheelchairs - TGA Wheelchair Powerpack PLUS : TGA Mobility (2014/03/15)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.