STAXI Transportation Chairs for People with Medical or Physical Conditions
Published : 2010-02-12 - Updated : 2018-09-28
Author : STAXI - Contact: staxi.com
Synopsis* : STAXI wheelchair design provides safe transportation for people with difficulty walking distances due to disability illness or injury.
STAXI Goes Straight To The Heart During National Heart Month - February is "National Heart Month" in Canada (and other parts of the world) to raise awareness for overall cardiac well-being.
Toronto-based STAXI - the world's leading developer and manufacturer of nestable transportation chairs - today revealed that the STAXI nestable transportation chair could help those with heart-related medical conditions as well as other physical disabilities move more freely and easily about airports or public attractions as well as hospitals with reduced strain or stress.
David Gallant, who heads STAXI's Global Marketing Operations, said: "National Heart Month underscores the importance of having available a reliable mobility solution to assist those who need help moving through airports and other public places, covering a marked distances.
"STAXI is for people with medical or physical conditions who cannot take the strain of moving about over these expanses without the STAXI to aid them in getting around. STAXI gets to the heart of the matter and provides a stress and strain-free mobility in larger public spaces."
Many healthcare facilities and airports internationally are familiar with the concept of what is commonly called "stackable wheelchairs." However, STAXI is quite different from other mobility solutions; it is a comfortable, safe and robust transportation system.
According to David Gallant, STAXI's advantages include being:
- Easy to find:
STAXI has a space saving design requiring 1/3 space of normal wheelchairs; and, can be set up as a coin-operated service in open public areas.
- Simple to Use:
STAXI is ergonomic and highly maneuverable easier to push than regular wheelchairs, passenger transfer made easy; comfortable for passengers and attendants; and, has an automatic braking system.
- Built to Last:
With its 500-pound weight capacity, STAXI has a low-maintenance requirement; this means a high return on investment; and, the comfortable, rugged design provides longer life than normal wheelchairs
- Hard to Steal:
STAXI is theft resistant, no removable parts; and, has ample inbuilt storage 2.5 cubic ft (70 liters) of under-seat space for a patients records and personal belongings
- Pays for Itself:
STAXIs last significantly longer than standard wheelchairs and are virtually maintenance free; meaning cost savings over the life of the chair. In STAXI makes good business sense in an era when managers need to make a sound financial case for every dollar, euro, or pound they spend.
"National Heart Month underscores the importance of having a comfortable and dependable mobility solution from STAXI that is available to people with medical and physical related mobility challenges. And with the STAXI, institutions and organizations purchase a trouble-free transportation solution that pays for itself overtime," said David Gallant.
- STAXI is a patented, revolutionary transport chair, developed in 1985 by Andrew J Hart in conjunction with Center for Studies in Aging, Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences (Toronto), initially as a patient transportation solution.
- STAXI is the leading wheelchair alternative and the best-selling, nestable transport chair in North America.
- The STAXI is established globally - in use for more than 15 years. Moreover, the STAXI nestable transportation chairs are used successfully and widely in the USA's most prestigious hospitals and healthcare systems. It is the accepted leader in the field of innovative patient mobility assistance.
- STAXI provides safe and comfortable temporary transportation for people who would have difficulty walking any considerable distances due to disability, illness or injury. STAXI is ergonomically designed to reduce physical strain and burden for the user.
- The award-winning STAXI transport chair is built specifically for large, busy facilities such as airports, hospitals and sporting/entertainment venues. STAXI customers include top hospitals and major airlines and airports in the USA, UK and Europe.
- STAXI can instantly replace 90 per cent of wheelchairs today. Moreover, STAXI has the best low-maintenance record for any mobility solution, backed with a three-year unlimited parts warranty.
- STAXI is difficult to steal by virtue of its nestable design. Hence, STAXI pays for itself over the long life of the transport chair.
Phone: David Gallant on +44 (0) 1915 006 129
STAXI Transportation Chairs for People with Medical or Physical Conditions | STAXI (staxi.com). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
You're reading Disabled World. See our homepage for informative disability news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Cite Page: Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: STAXI. Electronic Publication Date: 2010-02-12 - Revised: 2018-09-28. Title: STAXI Transportation Chairs for People with Medical or Physical Conditions, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/mobility/wheelchairs/manual/staxi.php>STAXI Transportation Chairs for People with Medical or Physical Conditions</a>. Retrieved 2021-06-13, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/mobility/wheelchairs/manual/staxi.php - Reference: DW#198-3217.