eSight Eyewear Device Enables People with Vision Disabilities to See
Author: eSight Corporation : Contact: www.esighteyewear.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
eSight eyewear enhances whatever the user is looking at to maximize the effectiveness of the remaining eyesight.
Main DigestIs there anything better than a breakthrough technological device that enables some visually impaired people to recapture activities they haven't experienced in decades, like watching their kids play ice hockey, going to the movies or reading an exciting novel they've dreamed of reading all their life
eSight eye-wear is an innovative, electronic assistive technology.
The specifically designed glasses enhance whatever the user is looking at to maximize the effectiveness of the remaining eyesight.
eSight glasses are different from other electronic low vision aids because they are mobile, hands free, and suitable for near, far, and mid-range tasks.
Although eSight cannot fully restore sight, it can improve remaining sight and has the potential to have a life-changing impact for many people.
eSight eyewear device and glasses
It may help them go shopping by themselves again, recognize their friend in a crowd from a distance or see objects above or below eye level.
Using a high-resolution camera to capture what the user is looking at and projecting real-time onto two LED screens right in front of your eyes, the customizable device has been shown to work for those from age 8 to 88.
William McPhee, President and CEO, says;
"It's an indescribable feeling to be finally helping people keep their independence or gain more independence than they've ever had. When we see a little girl who is blind having fun and giggling with her parents or friends, it is nothing short of awesome."
eSight Corporation is an Ottawa, Canada based technology company with less than 20 employees that develops intelligent eye-wear for people challenged by degenerative eye diseases. Thus, the development of a world class innovation that enables people who are blind to actually see counts as a major success.
- 1 - Wearable Artificial Vision Device May Help Legally Blind to Read : American Academy of Ophthalmology (2016/10/28)
- 2 - First Artificial Iris Gets FDA Approval : U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (2018/06/11)
- 3 - Acesight Electronic Glasses for Visually Impaired : Acesight (2019/01/04)
- 4 - Aira Visual Interpreter for the Blind and Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2017/01/05)
- 5 - New Artificial Retinas Use 2D Materials : American Chemical Society (ACS) (2018/08/25)
- 6 - RightHear: Orientation and Navigation System for Blind and Visually Impaired : RightHear (2018/08/20)
- 7 - Robotic Object Recognition to Aid Blind and Visually Impaired : University of Nevada, Reno (2015/12/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.