Home Budget Calculator for Planning Household Finances
NOTE: This article is over 3 years old and may not reflect current information, despite the page being updated. It may still be useful for research but should be verified for accuracy and relevance.
Published: 2011-03-13 - Updated: 2021-08-08
Author: Disabled World | Contact: Disabled World (Disabled-World.com)
Peer-Reviewed Publication: N/A
Library of Related Papers: Medical Calculators and Charts Publications
Synopsis: Online home budget calculator and financial planner to calculate your household finances and expenditure limits. By making a household budget you can see exactly where you're spending your money each month and identify where you can make savings. Problems like bad credit often arise because you have not planned your monthly budget properly, or worse still, budgeted at all.
Making ends meet with a disability or health problem is often a challenging task. Therefore we have created a home budget calculator, or household finance planner, so you know where you're money is going. Once your budget is created you can start to alter and prioritize what you do with your money to enable you to live within your means.
A budget is defined as a quantitative expression of a plan for a defined period of time. It may include planned sales volumes and revenues, resource quantities, costs and expenses, assets, liabilities and cash flows. It expresses strategic plans of business units, organizations, activities or events in measurable terms. In a personal or family budget all sources of income (inflows) are identified and expenses (outflows) are planned with the intent of matching outflows to inflows (making ends meet). In consumer theory, the equation restricting an individual or household to spend no more than its total resources is often called the budget constraint. Elements of a personal or family budget usually include, fixed expenses, monthly payments, insurance, entertainment, and savings.
Looking to reduce debt, create a new household budget, or modify an existing home budget? One of the best ways of gaining control over your regular expenditure is to make a home budget and stick to it. By making a household budget you can see exactly where you're spending your money each month and identify where you can make savings.
A well planned budget can help you in getting out of financial crisis. Problems like bad credit often arise because you have not planned your monthly budget properly, or worse still, budgeted at all. One of the most important aspects of controlling your budget is to determine where your money is going. By creating a home budget you will quickly learn how to manage your money better, as well as how to contribute regularly to your saving account.
Now is the best time to make a financial plan by making a budget to ensure you can meet all your expenses for the future. Managing your monthly budget on paper, or by using an Excel spreadsheet, can sometimes be difficult and frustrating. Our home budget calculator below makes it much easier to plan for coming expenses and take control of your money.
How to Make a Household Budget
A Budget Planner Calculator helps you get a better understanding of your current financial situation.
- First you should note down all your sources of income including your own income, your partner's income, returns from investments, income from your family and other sources etc.
- Next you should make an estimate of all your expenses including all expenses related to your home such as rent, grocery bills, electricity and telephone bill, medical expenses etc.
Once you have calculated the amount of money you have left each week, or month, you can use the remaining money to pay off debts, pay more on the home mortgage, put some aside for a vacation, or contribute to your savings account.
Other Resources You May Find Helpful
- Disability Loans : Grants : Low Income Finance
- First Home Owners Guide to Mortgages
- Guide to Home Buying for People with Disabilities
- Disability Housing and Home Loans for Disabled Americans
- Debt Relief Solutions: Practical Steps to Get Out of Debt
- Loan Repayment Calculator: Personal Loans, Mortgages, Repayments
- Home Purchase or Rent: Pros and Cons Comparison
- Is Buying a House Cheaper Than Renting a Home
- Government Disability Grants Information and Websites
- VA Home Loan vs. CFHA Loans
- Senior Homeowners: Using Your Home to Stay at Home
- Apartment to Home Ownership - A Disability Perspective
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
• Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2011, March 13). Home Budget Calculator for Planning Household Finances. Disabled World. Retrieved May 30, 2023 from www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/budget-planner.php
• Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/budget-planner.php">Home Budget Calculator for Planning Household Finances</a>