Growth Percentile Calculator for Children
Published : 2011-02-07 - Updated : 2021-01-02
Author : Disabled World - Contact: Disabled World (www.disabled-world.com)
🛈 Synopsis : Growth percentile calculator and chart to compare a childs weight and height percentile to the average child. A percentile is defined as the value of a variable below which a certain percent of observations fall. For example out of a sample of 100 children, a percentile value of 45 percent means your child weighs more than 45 children and less than 55 children.
Growth percentile calculator and chart to compare a child's weight and height percentile to the average child.
What is Percentile?
A percentile is the value of a variable below which a certain percent of observations fall. For example, the 30th percentile is the value (or score) below which 30 percent of the observations may be found. The term percentile is often used in the reporting of scores from norm-referenced tests.
A percentile chart gives parents at home a good idea concerning how their childs's developmental progress compared to other children nationwide of a similar age group. By using a Growth Percentile Calculator you can keep track of your child's height and weight measurements as it can determine the percentiles for all children ages 3 to 20 years. For infants from newborn to 3 years you will need to use our our Percentile Calculator for Infants.
- A percentile of 50% represents the average or mean weight.
- A value below 50 percent means a child weighs less than the average.
- A value greater than 50 percent means a child is above average.
This calculator provides your baby's weight percentile based on age by simply entering your child's measurements into the Percentile Calculator below to obtain percentiles based on children's growth charts. For example out of a sample of 100 children, a percentile value of 45 percent means your child weighs more than 45 children and less than 55 children.
Child Growth Percentile Calculator provided by AllNutritionals.com
Related Medical Calculators Documents
- 1: Blood Pressure Chart: Low, Normal, High Reading by Age : Blood pressure table showing if adults and children have high, low, or healthy average blood pressure range for their age, includes other helpful cardiac related information.
- 2: Medical Triage Explanation and Tag Color Chart : Chart and information concerning medical triage, the process of determining priority of patient treatment by severity of condition or likelihood of recovery with and without treatment.
- 3: Pregnancy Calculator: Babies Due Date Calculator : This pregnancy calculator shows due date of your baby and several other interesting dates including date of conception and number of weeks you are pregnant.
- 4: DVPRS 2.0 Pain Scale Chart for Service Personnel and Veterans : The Defense and Veterans Pain Rating Scale DVPRS 2.0 is a pain assessment tool using a rating scale, word descriptors, color coding, pictorial facial expressions matching pain levels.
- 5: Hair Loss Results : Results from our when will I go bald hair loss calculator and information.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-02-07 - Revised: 2021-01-02. Title: Growth Percentile Calculator for Children, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/child-gpc.php>Growth Percentile Calculator for Children</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/child-gpc.php - Reference: DW#286-6851.