Growth Percentile Calculator for Children
Author: Disabled World
Contact : Disabled World
Published: 2011-02-07 - (Updated: 2016-11-05)
Growth percentile calculator and chart to compare a childs weight and height percentile to the average child.
Growth percentile calculator and chart to compare a child's weight and height percentile to the average child.
What is Percentile
A percentile is the value of a variable below which a certain percent of observations fall. For example, the 30th percentile is the value (or score) below which 30 percent of the observations may be found. The term percentile is often used in the reporting of scores from norm-referenced tests.
A percentile chart gives parents at home a good idea concerning how their childs's developmental progress compared to other children nationwide of a similar age group. By using a Growth Percentile Calculator you can keep track of your child's height and weight measurements as it can determine the percentiles for all children ages 3 to 20 years. For infants from newborn to 3 years you will need to use our our Percentile Calculator for Infants.
- A percentile of 50% represents the average or mean weight.
- A value below 50 percent means a child weighs less than the average.
- A value greater than 50 percent means a child is above average.
This calculator provides your baby's weight percentile based on age by simply entering your child's measurements into the Percentile Calculator below to obtain percentiles based on children's growth charts. For example out of a sample of 100 children, a percentile value of 45 percent means your child weighs more than 45 children and less than 55 children.
Child Growth Percentile Calculator provided by AllNutritionals.com
- 1 - Blood Type Chart: Facts and Information on Blood Group Types : Disabled World (2012/09/28)
- 2 - Human Body Temperature: Fever : Normal : Low Readings : Disabled World (2016/01/05)
- 3 - Freezer Storage Times for Frozen and Refrigerated Food : Disabled World (2009/09/15)
- 4 - Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) Calculator : Disabled World (2009/03/31)
- 5 - Target Heart Rate Calculator and BPM Chart : Disabled World (2010/06/11)
- 6 - Calorie Calculator: Count and Calculate Calories Burned : Disabled World (2017/12/03)
- 7 - Growth Charts for Children with Down Syndrome : The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2015/10/29)