Growth Percentile Calculator for Children
Author: Disabled World : Contact: Disabled World (www.disabled-world.com)
Published: 2011-02-07 : (Rev. 2021-01-02)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Growth percentile calculator and chart to compare a childs weight and height percentile to the average child.
A percentile is defined as the value of a variable below which a certain percent of observations fall.
For example out of a sample of 100 children, a percentile value of 45 percent means your child weighs more than 45 children and less than 55 children.
Growth percentile calculator and chart to compare a child's weight and height percentile to the average child.
What is Percentile?
A percentile is the value of a variable below which a certain percent of observations fall. For example, the 30th percentile is the value (or score) below which 30 percent of the observations may be found. The term percentile is often used in the reporting of scores from norm-referenced tests.
A percentile chart gives parents at home a good idea concerning how their childs's developmental progress compared to other children nationwide of a similar age group. By using a Growth Percentile Calculator you can keep track of your child's height and weight measurements as it can determine the percentiles for all children ages 3 to 20 years. For infants from newborn to 3 years you will need to use our our Percentile Calculator for Infants.
- A percentile of 50% represents the average or mean weight.
- A value below 50 percent means a child weighs less than the average.
- A value greater than 50 percent means a child is above average.
This calculator provides your baby's weight percentile based on age by simply entering your child's measurements into the Percentile Calculator below to obtain percentiles based on children's growth charts. For example out of a sample of 100 children, a percentile value of 45 percent means your child weighs more than 45 children and less than 55 children.
Child Growth Percentile Calculator provided by AllNutritionals.com
- 1: Human Body Temperature: Fever, Normal, Low Readings : Disabled World (2016/01/05)
- 2: Personal Disability Quotient (PDQ) Calculator : The Council for Disability Awareness (2011/01/20)
- 3: Growth Percentile Calculator for Children : Disabled World (2011/02/07)
- 4: 0 to 36 Months Infant Growth Percentile Calculator : Disabled World (2011/02/07)
- 5: Ischemic Stroke Predictive Risk Calculator : St. Michael's Hospital (2011/02/10)
- 6: Life Insurance Calculator: Calculate Amount You Should be Insured For : Disabled World (2011/04/24)
- 7: Ring Size Chart for Engagement, Wedding, Costume Rings : Disabled World (2019/12/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.