Biological Age Calculator: Find Your True Health Age
Published: 2014-03-30 - Updated: 2020-12-11
Author: Disabled World | Contact: Disabled World (www.disabled-world.com)
Synopsis: Real age calculator provides longevity information and calculates your approximate health age or biological age as well as your estimated life expectancy. Biomarkers of aging are biomarkers that better predict functional capacity at a later age than chronological age. Establish good healthy behaviors and stick to them in order to make your biological age the same or younger than your actual calendar age.
Our calendar age is determined by the date we were born. Although we consider this chronological age to be our real age, we often overlook the fact that some people with a chronological age of 50 may be as fit as 30 year old's, yet others have a chronological age of 35, but in terms of their physical condition are 60 yrs old. To determine a person's true state of health, we must examine their biological age.
What Does Biological Age Mean?
Biological Age is a concept used loosely, and with little objectivity, to describe a shortfall between a population cohort average life expectancy and the perceived life expectancy of an individual of the same age. Biomarkers of aging are biomarkers that better predict functional capacity at a later age than chronological age. Stated another way, biomarkers of aging would give the true "biological age", which may be different from the chronological age.
Life Style Habits - The Key to Longevity
"We are what we repeatedly do." - Aristotle. Establish good healthy behaviors and stick to them in order to make your biological age the same or younger than your actual calendar age.
- Don't smoke
- Get plenty of sleep
- Manage your stress level
- Laugh a lot and enjoy your life
- Eat a diet rich in fruit and vegetables
- Cultivate your relationships and social friends
- Keep your blood pressure within the normal range
- Avoid excessive alcohol, sugar, salt, saturated fat and processed carbs
- Reduce environmental poisons such as second-hand smoke and pollution
- Exercise regularly, including strength training and cardio for heart and lungs
Our real age calculator below calculates your approximate health age (biological age) and life expectancy. The lower your age results are then the better your health and lifestyle habits. You may also be interested in our Average Life Span Expectancy Chart by Country.
- The information you provide is completely private - No information is shared with Disabled World or anyone else.
- The calculator results may not be complete, accurate or suitable for your purposes, and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Calculation results assume you do not currently have any serious diseases known to shorten life. Consult with your doctor for any questions you may have about your real age.
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2014, March 30). Biological Age Calculator: Find Your True Health Age. Disabled World. Retrieved May 28, 2022 from www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/health-age.php