Biological Age Calculator: Find Your True Health Age
Published: 2014-03-30 - Updated: 2022-08-10
Author: Disabled World | Contact: Disabled World (www.disabled-world.com)
Peer-Reviewed Publication: N/A
Library: Medical Calculators and Charts Publications
Synopsis: Real age calculator provides longevity information and calculates your approximate health age or biological age as well as your estimated life expectancy. Many aging-research scientists believe that knowing your biological age could help you postpone or avoid Alzheimer’s, cancer, cardiovascular disease, or other age-related illnesses. Some also believe biological age can better predict an individual’s lifespan. Establish good healthy behaviors and stick to them to make your biological age the same or younger than your actual calendar age. Biomarkers of aging are biomarkers that better predict functional capacity at a later age than chronological age.
- Biological Age
Biological age is a measurement of your age based on various biomarkers - a number that can change due to lifestyle and other health factors. Biological age describes the age that your body behaves and feels. Unlike chronological age, biological age is malleable and varies from person to person, depending on their health. The most reliable way to measure biological age is through something called a "biomarker." A biomarker, short for "biological marker," is an objective measure that indicates the health of a cell or organism. Cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels, and heart rate are common biomarkers used to assess the healthiness of someone's body. As longevity and aging research advances, biological age has become the more critical age to pay attention to. Knowing your biological age is an effective way of determining your cumulative rate of aging.
Our calendar age is determined by the birth date. Although we consider this chronological age our actual age, we often overlook that some people with a recorded age of 50 may be as fit as 30-year-olds. Yet, others have a chronological age of 35, but in terms of their physical condition are 60 yrs old. To determine a person's actual state of health, we must examine their biological age.
What Does Biological Age Mean?
Biological Age is a concept used loosely and with little objectivity to describe a shortfall between a population cohort's average life expectancy and the perceived life expectancy of an individual of the same age. Biomarkers of aging are biomarkers that better predict functional capacity at a later age than chronological age. Stated another way, biomarkers of aging would give the true "biological age", which may be different from the chronological age.
Life Style Habits Are Key to Longevity
"We are what we repeatedly do." - Aristotle. Establish good healthy behaviors and stick to them to make your biological age the same or younger than your actual calendar age.
- Don't smoke
- Get plenty of sleep
- Manage your stress level
- Laugh a lot and enjoy your life
- Eat a diet rich in fruit and vegetables
- Cultivate your relationships and social friends
- Keep your blood pressure within the normal range
- Avoid excessive alcohol, sugar, salt, saturated fat, and processed carbs
- Reduce environmental poisons such as second-hand smoke and pollution
- Exercise regularly, including strength training and cardio for the heart and lungs
Our real age calculator below calculates your approximate health age (biological age) and life expectancy. The lower your age results, the better your health and lifestyle habits. You may also be interested in our Average Life Span Expectancy Chart by Country.
- The information you provide is completely private - No information is shared with Disabled World or anyone else.
- The calculator results may not be complete, accurate, or suitable for your purposes, and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
- Calculation results assume you do not currently have any serious diseases known to shorten life.
- Consult with your doctor for any questions about your real age.
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
• Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2014, March 30). Biological Age Calculator: Find Your True Health Age. Disabled World. Retrieved March 25, 2023 from www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/health-age.php
• Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/health-age.php">Biological Age Calculator: Find Your True Health Age</a>