Life Insurance Calculator: Calculate Amount You Should be Insured For
Published : 2011-04-24 - Updated : 2020-12-22
Author : Disabled World - Contact: Disabled World (www.disabled-world.com)
🛈 Synopsis : Free online life insurance calculator provides the amount you should be insured for in event of your death accident or disability. The answer isn't really how much life insurance you need... it's how much investment capital your family will need at the time. The amount of life cover you need should be reviewed regularly and as your financial circumstances change. If you are unsure of the amount of cover you require you should speak to an Independent Financial Adviser.
What is Life Insurance?
If you have a family that's dependent on your income, then you need life insurance. Life insurance is defined as a contract between the policy holder and the insurer, where the insurer promises to pay a designated beneficiary a sum of money a "premium" upon the death of the insured person. The calculator below will assist you in calculating approximately how much life insurance you should have.
A man in a yellow T-shirt carrying two small girls walking in a field of red petaled flowers, a small boy runs ahead of them towards two trees.
How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
How Much Life Insurance Should You Apply For? The answer isn't really how much life insurance you need... it's how much investment capital your family will need at the time of your death. By providing some basic information on your family's resources, debt and expenses, current life insurance coverage and future income needs, the calculator will give you an estimate of the amount of needed life insurance coverage. This calculator assumes your survivors will invest your insurance proceeds and then draw down the account gradually.
Annual income needs equals the total amount your family needs, before taxes, to maintain their current standard of living, typically 60%-75% of total income. Families with higher incomes typically fall into the lower end of that range. Need a means to support yourself and your family if you become critically ill or die?
Critical Illness Insurance cover pays out a cash sum if you're diagnosed with one of the defined critical illnesses or upon your death. For further information see our article on Choosing Between Disability Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance, Remember:
- The amount of life cover you need should be reviewed regularly and as your financial circumstances change.
- If you are unsure of the amount of cover you require you should speak to an Independent Financial Adviser.
Calculate how much life insurance you need if your survivors invest the life insurance benefits they receive.
Related Medical Calculators Documents
- 1: Blood Pressure Chart: Low, Normal, High Reading by Age : Blood pressure table showing if adults and children have high, low, or healthy average blood pressure range for their age, includes other helpful cardiac related information.
- 2: Medical Triage Explanation and Tag Color Chart : Chart and information concerning medical triage, the process of determining priority of patient treatment by severity of condition or likelihood of recovery with and without treatment.
- 3: Pregnancy Calculator: Babies Due Date Calculator : This pregnancy calculator shows due date of your baby and several other interesting dates including date of conception and number of weeks you are pregnant.
- 4: DVPRS 2.0 Pain Scale Chart for Service Personnel and Veterans : The Defense and Veterans Pain Rating Scale DVPRS 2.0 is a pain assessment tool using a rating scale, word descriptors, color coding, pictorial facial expressions matching pain levels.
- 5: Hair Loss Results : Results from our when will I go bald hair loss calculator and information.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-04-24 - Revised: 2020-12-22. Title: Life Insurance Calculator: Calculate Amount You Should be Insured For, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/life-insurance-calculator.php>Life Insurance Calculator: Calculate Amount You Should be Insured For</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/life-insurance-calculator.php - Reference: DW#286-7495.