Life Insurance Calculator: Calculate Amount You Should be Insured For
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2011-04-24 : (Rev. 2018-09-02)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Free online life insurance calculator provides the amount you should be insured for in event of your death accident or disability.
What is Life Insurance?
If you have a family that's dependent on your income, then you need life insurance. Life insurance is defined as a contract between the policy holder and the insurer, where the insurer promises to pay a designated beneficiary a sum of money a "premium" upon the death of the insured person.
The calculator below will assist you in calculating approximately how much life insurance you should have.
How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
How Much Life Insurance Should You Apply For?
The answer isn't really how much life insurance you need... It's how much investment capital your family will need at the time of your death.
By providing some basic information on your family's resources, debt and expenses, current life insurance coverage and future income needs, the calculator will give you an estimate of the amount of needed life insurance coverage. This calculator assumes your survivors will invest your insurance proceeds and then draw down the account gradually.
A man in a yellow T-shirt carrying two small girls walking in a field of red petaled flowers, a small boy runs ahead of them towards two trees - Photo by Juliane Liebermann on Unsplash.
Annual income needs equals the total amount your family needs, before taxes, to maintain their current standard of living, typically 60%-75% of total income. Families with higher incomes typically fall into the lower end of that range.
Need a means to support yourself and your family if you become critically ill or die?
Critical Illness Insurance cover pays out a cash sum if you're diagnosed with one of the defined critical illnesses or upon your death. Also see our article on Choosing Between Disability Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance
- The amount of life cover you need should be reviewed regularly and as your financial circumstances change.
- If you are unsure of the amount of cover you require you should speak to an Independent Financial Adviser.
Calculate how much life insurance you need if your survivors invest the life insurance benefits they receive.
- 1 - World Average Human Life Span Expectancy by Country : Disabled World (2009/03/19)
- 2 - Wedding Anniversary Names by Years Married List : Disabled World (2011/06/27)
- 3 - Mercury Levels in Fish: Species Chart and Information : Disabled World (2015/06/15)
- 4 - Home Budget Calculator for Planning Household Finances : Disabled World (2011/03/13)
- 5 - How To Measure Your Waist Circumference Properly : Disabled World (2010/08/18)
- 6 - OpenPandemics COVID-19 World Community Grid Project : Disabled World (2020/05/23)
- 7 - Printable Snellen Eye Charts : Disabled World (2017/12/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.