Weight Loss Planning Calculator for Women and Men
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2010-12-26 : (Rev. 2019-12-01)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Our Weight Loss Planning Calculator helps you to establish realistic time-lines for your weight loss goals.
To use the calculator simply enter your details including the desired amount of weight you wish to lose and the time-frame (in days) in which you would like to lose that excess weight.
Physical activity and diet are two important components in controlling your weight.
In a hurry to lose weight within a certain time period for a wedding or special occasion? The calculator below will estimate your daily calorie requirements for losing, maintaining, or even gaining weight within a set time frame.
Lets define the term "weightloss".
a) Weight loss is defined as a reduction of the total body mass, due to a mean loss of fluid, body fat or adipose tissue and/or lean mass, namely bone mineral deposits, muscle, tendon and other connective tissue. It can occur unintentionally due to an underlying disease or can arise from a conscious effort to improve an actual or perceived overweight, or obese state.
b) Intentional weight loss is the loss of total body mass as a result of efforts to improve fitness and health, or to change appearance through slimming.
Do you know what your ideal height to weight ratio is?
Maybe it would be an idea to do a quick check, you may already be an ideal weight. We have a chart for kids to teenagers (Opens new window), and a separate chart for adults (Opens new window). At the very least, the charts will give you an idea of what your target weight should be.
Using the calculator below.
To use the calculator simply enter your details including the desired amount of weight you wish to lose and the time-frame (in days) in which you would like to lose that excess weight - (You can also use the calculator to plan weight gain.) For your convenience the calculator converts pounds to kilos, inches to centimeters, and vice versa. Or you can convert between Pounds Kilograms and Stones.
Targeting Fat Loss in Certain Body Areas
Disabled World also provides an excellent article containing useful advice and information on how to lose fat fast.
People of all ages who are generally inactive can improve their health and well-being by becoming active with moderate intensity on a regular basis.
Your Weight Loss Plan Should Include:
- Balanced diet intake
- Post dieting weight maintenance
- Set realistic goals for weight reduction
- You need to burn around 3500 calories to lose one pound of weight
- After you have reduced your weight by 10%, try to maintain it for about six months through exercise and diet.
- You should try to lose around 5 to 10% of your current body weight, one to two pounds per week or try to reduce your calorie intake by 500 - 1,000 calories a day.
- Note: Low and Very low Calorie diets (below 1,400 calories) per day (Very-Low Calorie Diets) should not be attempted without consulting professional health and nutrition experts.
Weighing scale clipart.
Benefits of Regular Exercise
- Reduced risk of some cancers: Physical activity reduces the risk of colon cancer and breast cancer.
- Improve your mental health and mood: Aerobic and strengthening exercises for 30-60 minutes 3 to 5 times per week can assist in thinking, learning, and judgment skills.
- Reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome: A minimum of 120 to 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity will lower rates of Type 2 Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome.
- Strengthened bones and muscles: A minimum of 120 to 300 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity that includes muscle-strengthening and weight bearing activities can help in preventing bone density loss.
- Reduced risk for cardiovascular disease: Heart disease and stroke are the two leading causes of death in the United States. To reduce risk for this disease, a minimum of 150 minutes/week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity is required.
- Control Weight: Physical activity and diet are two important components in controlling your weight. To maintain weight, 150 minutes of moderated-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity is required per week.
- Increase your chances of living longer: People who are physically active for about 7 hours a week have a 40 percent lower risk of dying than those who are active for less than 30 minutes a week. A minimum of 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity is required to reduce this risk.
- 1 - Are You Overweight, Obese or Normal Weight for Your Height : Disabled World (2019/01/10)
- 2 - Imperial Measurements : Disabled World (2017/12/22)
- 3 - Recommended Sleep Duration Chart : National Sleep Foundation (2015/02/02)
- 4 - Average Height to Weight Chart: Babies to Teenagers : Disabled World (2017/11/30)
- 5 - QR Codes: Uses and Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities : Disabled World (2016/09/24)
- 6 - Human Body Temperature: COVID-19 : Fever : Normal : Low : Disabled World (2016/01/05)
- 7 - World Average Human Life Span Expectancy by Country : Disabled World (2009/03/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.