AARP Live! New RFD-TV Series
Synopsis and Key Points:
Airing nationally on RFD-TV the program will focus on various topics of interest including scams jobs healthcare and retirement planning.
Main DigestBeginning February 24, 2011, AARP will be reaching out to rural audiences with a monthly, live call-in program titled AARP Live!
Airing nationally on RFD-TV, the program will focus on various topics of interest to 50+ America including scams, jobs, healthcare and retirement planning with a focus on the needs and wants of the millions of rural residents and landowners, farmers, and ranchers in the U.S.
AARP Live! will originate from RFD-TV's Nashville studios and will feature various AARP experts and representatives along with RFD-TV host Mark Oppold.
"While the national press tends to focus on urban and coastal areas, RFD-TV reaches the heartland and the millions of Americans who feed, clothe and inspire our country," said Larry Gannon, VP of TV & Radio Programming for AARP. "RFD-TV is a natural platform for AARP and our volunteers to showcase the fantastic work that they are doing at the state level to help 50+ America."
The first show will be broadcast on Thursday February 24th at 10 PM EST/9 PM CT and focus on the new health care law and its impact on rural America, along with a review of AARP's resources to help job-hunters. AARP State Directors Sarah Jennings (S. Dakota) and Bob Jackson (Texas), AARP Senior Advisor Nicole Duritz and AARP Work-Search volunteer Charles Talley will be the featured guests and will field calls from viewers live. AARP Live! is scheduled to last for one hour and can be found on cable/satellite channels including DISH Network channel 231; DIRECTV channel 345; and Verizon FiOS TV channel 247, plus local channels on many Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Bresnan, Charter, Mediacom, Suddenlink, and over 600 independent rural cable systems. Additional information on the AARP special is available online at www.aarp.org/rfdtv
About AARP - AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a membership that helps people 50+ have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole. AARP does not endorse candidates for public office or make contributions to either political campaigns or candidates. We produce AARP The Magazine, the definitive voice for 50+ Americans and the world's largest-circulation magazine with nearly 35 million readers; AARP Bulletin, the go-to news source for AARP's millions of members and Americans 50+; AARP VIVA, the only bilingual U.S. publication dedicated exclusively to the 50+ Hispanic community; and our website, AARP.org. AARP Foundation is an affiliated charity that provides security, protection, and empowerment to older persons in need with support from thousands of volunteers, donors, and sponsors. We have staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
About RFD-TV - Launched in December 2000 and now in its 10th year of broadcasting, RFD-TV is the nation's first 24-hour television channel dedicated to servicing the needs and interests of rural America with programming focused on agriculture, equine and rural lifestyle, along with traditional country music and entertainment. The channel is now distributed into more than 40 million homes worldwide by DBS and cable systems including DISH Network (231), DIRECTV® (345), Comcast, Verizon FiOS TV (247), Mediacom, Charter, Bresnan, Brighthouse, Suddenlink, Time Warner, Cox, SKY, Freesat and more than 600 independent rural cable systems. Production originates in studios located in Nashville, Tennessee, for RFD-TV, RFD HD, and RURAL TV, the company's new international channel. RFD-TV The Magazine now has more than 160,000 paid subscribers for its bi-monthly publication, and the company continues to operate "RFD-TV The Theatre" in Branson, Missouri. For more information, visit www.rfdtv.com
- 1 - The Flying Stars: Amputee Soccer Team Film : The Flying Stars (2016/08/25)
- 2 - BFI Funds Accessible Workshops for Deafblind Filmmakers : Sense (2016/08/28)
- 3 - Take a Look at This Heart | Love and Sexuality in the Disabled Community : Sarah Hess (2018/12/23)
- 4 - Autism ABCs and Fix it in Five: Free from The Brain Broad for April and Beyond : Dr. Lynette Louise (The Brain Broad) (2020/04/09)
- 5 - Dylan Rothbein Announces Crowdfunding Campaign for Society's Child : Angela Mitchell (2017/12/18)
- 6 - First Blind Dates : Did Sparks Fly or Does Cupid Need to Work on His Archery Skills? : Guide Dogs Association for the Blind (2017/09/07)
- 7 - Videocamp Launches $400,000 Fund and Challenges Filmmakers to Create a Film About Inclusive Education : Sarah Jane Rumford (2018/03/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.