Dr Glen House Radio Show on HealthRadio.net
Author: Disabled World : Contact: Disabled World
Published: 2011-09-29 : (Rev. 2015-01-23)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Dr Glen House hosts a weekly online interactive talk show dedicated to persons with disabilities and unique medical and physical challenges.
HealthRadio.net is an online Talk Radio portal dedicated to conversational style programming about Health, Wellness, Fitness, and Medical News & Information.
HealthRadio.net features a 24/7 real-time audio stream including live, interactive programming as well as specific Health Channels that contain many of hours of archived Health Talk programs and Podcasts on a wide range of subjects ranging from heart health, cancer, diabetes, women's health and many other topics.
Host: J .GLEN HOUSE, MD, MBA
Dr House hosts a weekly, online, interactive talk show dedicated to people with unique medical and physical challenges. Whether you are living with a disability, or consider yourself uniquely able, this program will provide you with important information and resources to help enhance the quality of your life.
The show is more than health and medicine as it relates to people with disabilities - it is also a "lifestyle" show and social meeting place where people can share and learn about the latest in new medical techniques, procedures and breakthroughs, advancements in technology, new products and services, and general everyday lifestyle information.
Dr. Glen House was the founder of disability website "Disaboom" an interactive online community dedicated to improving the way individuals with disabilities or functional limitations live their lives.
Dr. House is a practicing physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation - and also happens to be a C7 quadriplegic dealing with the same challenges of being disabled that his patients experience. He is a board-certified physician specializing in the area of spinal cord injury.
Rendered a C-7 quadriplegic after breaking his neck in a skiing accident at the age of 20, Dr. House went on to pursue a career in medicine despite losing the use of his legs and dexterity in his hands.
The first student in a wheelchair to graduate from the University of Washington School of Medicine, he is board certified in both Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Spinal Cord Medicine. In addition to being an integral part of disaboom.com, he is the President of the Colorado Rehabilitation Physicians, President of the medical device company Flexlife, and Medical Director of the Center for Neuro & Trauma Rehabilitation at Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
To listen to the show or for further information visit www.healthradio.net/show/dr-house-beyond-disability
- 1 - The Flying Stars: Amputee Soccer Team Film : The Flying Stars (2016/08/25)
- 2 - BFI Funds Accessible Workshops for Deafblind Filmmakers : Sense (2016/08/28)
- 3 - Take a Look at This Heart | Love and Sexuality in the Disabled Community : Sarah Hess (2018/12/23)
- 4 - Autism ABCs and Fix it in Five: Free from The Brain Broad for April and Beyond : Dr. Lynette Louise (The Brain Broad) (2020/04/09)
- 5 - Dylan Rothbein Announces Crowdfunding Campaign for Society's Child : Angela Mitchell (2017/12/18)
- 6 - First Blind Dates : Did Sparks Fly or Does Cupid Need to Work on His Archery Skills? : Guide Dogs Association for the Blind (2017/09/07)
- 7 - Videocamp Launches $400,000 Fund and Challenges Filmmakers to Create a Film About Inclusive Education : Sarah Jane Rumford (2018/03/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.