Disabled World Opens New Disability Community
Author: Disabled World
Published: 2009-02-12 : (Rev. 2016-09-23)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Disabled World an online community for persons with disabilities announced today the opening of their new online community for people with disabilities and health problems.
Online community for persons with disabilities, Disabled Word, announced today the opening of their new online community for people with disabilities and health problems.
The Disabled World website was first opened in 2004 when owners Lynn and Disabled World, a husband and wife team, saw the need to provide people with disabilities a website where the disabled of all ages and from all walks of life could unite on common ground completely free from membership fees and charges, share experiences in the disability chat rooms, and provide tips of assistance to the newly and life long disabled. Today Disabled World receives millions of visits per year from all parts of the world.
The owners of Disabled World, Ian and Lynn Langtree, are excited about the new addition to their very popular website. Ian, originally from Darwin Australia, now resides in Montreal Canada.
Speaking from their Montreal office Ian explained the benefits of a community area where people with similar disabilities can meet and discuss health problems that only fellow sufferers could understand.
"Our members really enjoy participating in the new community part of Disabled World" Ian said. "The new section of our website allows users to express themselves by designing their own profile layouts, plus members get to participate by writing their own true to life stories for other members to read and comment on. Our members are quite diverse and are from all walks of life. We have members who are pilots, actors and radio announcers and some who have full time live in caregivers assisting them. Our Disabled World members are like one big family to us, most make many new friends through our website and some have even gone on to marry someone they found using our services".
Joining the new Disabled World Community is totally free for all users, and in addition to a profile area, the community offers a discussion area covering disability and health problems, a variety of classic games, and the ability for members to create their very own blogs. Members can also participate in the online community news section by posting recent newsworthy articles and videos concerning health and disabilities.
- 1 - Google Closing Google Plus (Google+) Social Media Community : Disabled World (2019/02/02)
- 2 - The BC Coalition of People with Disabilities Website : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/02)
- 3 - Pictures or Updates to Social Media Sites Can Jeopardize Disability Benefits : Disabled World (2019/03/29)
- 4 - A Touch of Understanding and Education : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011/10/05)
- 5 - Net Literacy: Programs Serving Students, People with Disabilities and Seniors : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011/11/12)
- 6 - Disaboom: Disability Community for Persons with Disabilities : Disabled World (2010/06/01)
- 7 - Exoskeleton Robots for Wheelchair Users : www.exoskeleton-suit.com (2010/10/28)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.